another air ride bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd start a build for my bike I'm building.

Drawn out
IMG_20130722_181507_zps76579884.jpg

Probably not going to run it. Want a 3sp at least. Have a shimano 3s laying around. Did the mc tire on bike before and I hate it

mazdawg78 said:
Probably not going to run it. Want a 3sp at least. Have a shimano 3s laying around. Did the mc tire on bike before and I hate it
Fair enough to, it does add considerable weight to the bike. Then add on single gear... :shock:

If you were willing to run a derailleur set up you could build a wide freewheel hub similar to my ones in this how to: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68533&p=661483#p661483

Luke.

Looking good, I can't wait to see it at bike night.

Derailleur would add too much bulk. Thought about that. Looking for clean. But thanks for that link. I'll remember that

honestly, i don't know. im figuring about 2-5 psi to lift the bicycle. only takes 8 to lift my motorcycle. 15 to full riding a minibike stiffness. tank is a 24oz. holding 3000psi. so, i'm guessing a few times lol. running a parker slow down, .... near closed. valve on tank is less than a .... hair opened. debating between running 2 ball valves or try and find some micro 12v valves and use a power wheels battery.

mazdawg78 said:
honestly, i don't know. im figuring about 2-5 psi to lift the bicycle. only takes 8 to lift my motorcycle. 15 to full riding a minibike stiffness. tank is a 24oz. holding 3000psi. so, i'm guessing a few times lol. running a parker slow down, dang near closed. valve on tank is less than a **** hair opened. debating between running 2 ball valves or try and find some micro 12v valves and use a power wheels battery.
This sounds like something that would make my brain hurt trying to figure it out. 3000psi... WOW! How much weight can one of those air cylinders pick up?

Lol it would lift my Mazda I had 2x. It's all in the volume and pressure. Reason I'm running everything almost closed is cuz if I had all the way opened and hit the switch, it would probably shoot the bike up 20 feet and kill me lol

mazdawg78 said:
Lol it would lift my Mazda I had 2x. It's all in the volume and pressure. Reason I'm running everything almost closed is cuz if I had all the way opened and hit the switch, it would probably shoot the bike up 20 feet and kill me lol
Can't wait to see it done. 8)

mazdawg78 said:
Got some more done. Wish a derailleur would look OK Cuz I would use it. Probably just going to run 2 26s
IMG_20130819_121327_zpsdf4740cd.jpg

Lookin good, wont be long we can go for a ride and turn some heads.

Latest posts

Back