Ann Arbor Custom Bike Show - April 24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to make it this year! I have a some wheels that I have collected over a period of time. I'm thinking about putting some at the front or rear of my car with a sign saying take a wheel and leave something. What do you all think?
I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before, good luck. Makes me wish I could make it, wheels are the one thing I don't have enough of.

Oh well, atleast I'll be able to get to Portland in July.

Hello all this is Larry here
I run the Ann Arbor Custom/Rat Bike show.
The show is in building E
Entry fee is $5 per bicycle
Entry's will be received starting at 9 Am - 1:30 PM
There are 2 classes this year
Custom bicycle and Rat Rod. There are plaques for 1st place in each class. Alan Mays managing editor from
Old Skool Rods Magazine has graciously sponsored the plaques.
Winners will be announced at 2:30.
This is a people's choice show.
The winners from each class will be photographed and the pictures will be posted on the Ann Arbor Classic Bicycle web site.
I am also hoping to have a photographer take pictures to send to Alan for use in a possible future feature in The magazine.
If anyone would volunteer to take pictures I have some info to send you about contributing to the Mag.
Please contact me at
248-762-0630. I will get your email and foward you the details.
Hope to see you all there!

Last edited:
Happy hunting everyone.
Somebody please take pics for me. I'd love to see the rat rod/custom bikes on display.

@CrazyDave I'm still interested in some of the parts we talked about, if they don't sell let me know.
@ratrodzrcool as soon as I'm able I'll let you know when I can make it up there.

So jealous right now :envy::arghh:

I'm going to try to get there . Coming from Wisconsin . Are there any other shows / swaps in the Midwest ? I went to TCBC swap in Minneapolis and it was all new stuff and dealers there . Only one guy with a few 50's 60's bikes. I would like to find another show in Midwest joint it and support it .
There is a show in Mpls in June(?). I went last year. Lots of WI, MN, SD, and IA folks there. I have sent a note to @MplsCoaster (Steve) to find out when the one is this year. This was held in the parking lot of the Penn Cycle in S. Mpls.

There is a show in Mpls in June(?). I went last year. Lots of WI, MN, SD, and IA folks there. I have sent a note to @MplsCoaster (Steve) to find out when the one is this year. This was held in the parking lot of the Penn Cycle in S. Mpls.
Thanks . A Guy told me about that one he said it was more Old bike friendly . But I also heard that they were asked to leave and not return with that show. Was it only for 3 hrs? That's a 3 hour drive for me to do a 3 hr show.

Thanks . A Guy told me about that one he said it was more Old bike friendly . But I also heard that they were asked to leave and not return with that show. Was it only for 3 hrs? That's a 3 hour drive for me to do a 3 hr show.
Huh? I didn't hear anything about the 'asked to leave and not return'....will have to check into that. The show was from 8 am - 1 pm if I recall.... The bike shop (whose parking lot, the whole thing, was used for display / contest / booths) might have had issues with no parking available for customers (it was on a Sunday, the shop opened at 12 noon). It was really 'old bike friendly'. Perfect for us rat-isfied bike guys! I don't remember the name of the club that sponsored it...but they should look for a new location if that's the case, because it had a great draw and would be successful again I'm sure.

BTW, @honestherman , where are you in 'sconnie? I spent half my adult life in WI, La Crosse grad, lived mostly in NW area and have property near Webb Lake...

Your welcome ratrodzrcool! I think this was the best show for this area that I have been to. The weather was near perfect. The amount of bikes new, old or whatever was good. For the most part I felt the prices were fair if you looked around...

Oh yeah my wheels were gone in about 4 minutes flat and things were left. So I guess ratroders are a good bunch of honest people

Your welcome ratrodzrcool! I think this was the best show for this area that I have been to. The weather was near perfect. The amount of bikes new, old or whatever was good. For the most part I felt the prices were fair if you looked around...

Oh yeah my wheels were gone in about 4 minutes flat and things were left. So I guess ratroders are a good bunch of honest people
Good talking to you Let me know what other bikes or parts you get
Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

ratrodzrcool I ended up with a wald front rack which at first was not to happy about but I'm working on a Pushley Guvnor type bike which it might work out. I was not expecting much and if people just took the wheels and not left anything I was good with that. After all I really wanted to clear some space out in my garage. So I ended up with a wald rack and 10.00 which is good and space at home.

ratrodzrcool I ended up with a wald front rack which at first was not to happy about but I'm working on a Pushley Guvnor type bike which it might work out. I was not expecting much and if people just took the wheels and not left anything I was good with that. After all I really wanted to clear some space out in my garage. So I ended up with a wald rack and 10.00 which is good and space at home.
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Pics from today at Ann Arbor
uploadfromtaptalk1461546698863.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461546706606.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461546711299.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461546716676.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461546724049.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461546730715.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461546740422.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461546751523.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461546761272.jpg