An old stingray story

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago, my dad and I were at the local recycle center talking to the guy that oversees all the stuff that goes on. Side note: I always could find bikes there, but they were almost always rusty ten speeds, or pink girls bikes. Alright, the guy told us that there was a man once that came to the dump there, and dropped off 4 or 5 perfectly fine stingrays and left. He watched each one get a new owner that same day, no charge. Why was I not there? Haha that's all, I just thought Id share my little story with you and see if anyone else has a similar story.
Craig

I got this '64 Super Deluxe StingRay at the salvage yard about 20 yrs. ago. It was $10. Gary
old2.jpg

Couldn't believe it when I purchased an Apple Crate off an iron plie at an auction for $25 about 10 years ago. The original paint was good, cleaned the chrome up with steel wool and bought a new seat at the local Schwinn dealer for $40.

I picked this one up at our local dump. No wheels, seat or handle bars. Still looking for a seat, just not too hard. Too many other projects in front of this one!

2d23952f.jpg

Have Fun!
Marty

All of these bikes you have found are great! On the stingray of b607's, I couldn't help but notice your SUPER ratty springer. Awesome!

Craiggo said:
On the stingray of b607's, I couldn't help but notice your SUPER ratty springer. Awesome!

It was ratty, but Proctor's chrome and some paint changed that. :wink: Gary
DSC03853.jpg

Latest posts

Back