American Red Cross

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Circa Cycles said:
MattBiker said:
Found the bags on ebay. They weren't that expensive. I was surprised how many styles there were. Maybe I can rig them so I don't have to cut the straps. Kind of too nice to chop up.

Plus when you arrive on scene to an emergency,you can grab your bag,throw it over your shoulder and have what you need to help.

Good point!

Here are some part possibilities. I had an vintage set of pedals and rear carrier, but they may have gotten tossed when I cleaned out the basement. It never fails, pitch it - need it later. The search continues.

IMG_6324.jpg

Here's a recruiting poster:
USX07064.jpg

What's your cat's name? This is cat #3 or #4 in the build-off. Mine is Penelope, so far she hasn't done much.

yoothgeye said:
What's your cat's name? This is cat #3 or #4 in the build-off. Mine is Penelope, so far she hasn't done much.

Grover meet Penelope. Penelope this is Grover. {Nose bump}

My fenders arrived today. I am very excited. What sold me on them is the great layered paint. Cool colors someone painted with a brush years ago!
But I came across my first snag. The front fender is too wide for the fork I have. I'm not going to buy a new fork.

So I'm either going to cut the front fender or use another rusty one I have hanging from the basement rafters. This bike is going to look like it has been through several wars so I may use the rusted one.

Here are the fenders and a little gem I picked up for my build.

Fenders.jpg

Box.jpg

Did you give blood and pass out???

How about an update on this cool theme bike?

You get the Red Cross Bunny Bump. Use it wisely and let us know what you've been up to with this build!!!!

SuperStock_1570R-126966.jpg

Actually I saw one glimpse of the needle and I was passed out on the floor.

For me, same old story, been busy with day to day stuff. You know you need to post something when you can't find your original thread and password. Tonight I will be exploring to see how the builds are progressing.
I did purchase some tubes and I joined them with some white walls and wheels I bought for a previous project but never used. I think they look snazzy.

I hope to do some tank painting tomorrow.

Wheels.jpg

Welcome back!

Thanks Kingfish. Your chainguard is pretty wicked!

I've decided to rat my project up a little more. I found an image of good 'ol Ratfink. I found one not green, which will contrast better on my green tank.

ratfink.jpg

I did a little photoshopping. So now my bicycle is "American Red Cross" aka "Dr. Fink".

DrFink.jpg

Dude that is wickedly cool!!!!!!
Dr Fink!! I love it!!

Today I sprayed my tank.

I was experimenting, trying to make my own water transfer decals with my inkjet. Didn't want to spend the money on the paper. Someone online mentioned wax paper. So I thought, what would happen if I sent wax paper through my inkjet printer. Disclaimer - I didn't, but could have ruined my printer :shock: It took me about 10 attempts to get it to come out, so there was no ink streaking.

The ink just lays on top of the paper and then you carefully lay it down and rub. Seems black shows up the most. After it dried I gave it a coat of spray varnish. It kind of looks like faded graphics.

Side-1.jpg

Right.jpg

You will get a result similar to the wax paper if you use the cover sheet that is used to protect the top sheet of the inkjet paper. (my Epson paper has it not sure if all brands do). It has a shinny side that will not allow the ink to penetrate so it stays wet but is stiff enough to go through the printer. You just need to find the paper setting that puts the least amount of ink down so it does not get to smeared.

Good to know G-ratter.

I just finished putting in the crank. After looking at it for a while I'm not happy with the tank art. It can't really be seen from a distance, so I think I am going to somehow do a full color version.

Very cool!!!

wow that is a cool decal would love to see more pics of the bike! Red Cross is cool and they do a great deal of good it's cool that you are doing this.

Latest posts

Back