American Red Cross

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I can't stand it anymore. I have to join in. This will be my first Build-Off. I have been admiring all the work for years. I have been a fan of the military drab green/blacked out bicycles for a long time. They remind me of the old Harley-Davidsons. I could build one of these, but I have a Monark women's frame that has given me an idea.

I think it would be cool to do an American Red Cross themed bicycle. Hope it hasn't been done before. The ladies and men of this organization definately deserve one. I have decided I am going to build a fictional "barn find". A "Wow, where did you find that!" bicycle. Of course it will be rideable. I'm thinking a white bicycle but we'll see.

Frame.jpg

Light.jpg

5258.jpg

I have fenders, sprocket/crank and chain guard on the way.

I love the idea, I imagine a little nurse's cap on the steering wheel, haha.

You bike will have to hit the field after mine has gone out there and made a mess of things! Pull this off, and we could have an awesome photo op together.

Hey!! Another girl bike!?! This is the most I've seen on here. Hey Doc I may need some help!! :D Oh I forgot....Get Ta Building!! Peace

There are still plenty of girls bikes out there, and I figure some men's bikes have step-through frames now days.
I will have to do a count to see how many there are this round.

I guess I'm a lover not a fighter. Ha Ha! Awesome VW!!!!!

Just thinking here, I have 2 WCC Jesse James choppers here, each one has an "iron cross" headbadge. Could you use take one and paint it to use as a red cross headbadge? Let me know, one's a spare.

Cool theme.
I like the ratted out barn find idea too.

Yoothgeye, if my history is correct, didn't the U.S. fight the Germans in WWII? Are you trying to get me shot?

Less competition :lol:

MattBiker said:
Yoothgeye, if my history is correct, didn't the U.S. fight the Germans in WWII? Are you trying to get me shot?

Less competition :lol:

Haha, my military bike will have US stuff on it, but the blackout light is German I believe and I think I'm keeping the iron cross on mine, so it will be confused, but I was just thinking, it's still available to you, maybe allied forces joined with Red Cross? haha

I just ordered some bags I can convert into rear saddlebags. Should look pretty cool.

Bag.jpg

Found the bags on ebay. They weren't that expensive. I was surprised how many styles there were. Maybe I can rig them so I don't have to cut the straps. Kind of too nice to chop up.

MattBiker said:
Found the bags on ebay. They weren't that expensive. I was surprised how many styles there were. Maybe I can rig them so I don't have to cut the straps. Kind of too nice to chop up.

Plus when you arrive on scene to an emergency,you can grab your bag,throw it over your shoulder and have what you need to help.

Latest posts

Back