AlumiNaughty: 1935 Wards Hawthorne Duralium, Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little progress, cut the steerer. I'm thinking something creative for the cap would be a nice touch, maybe a clock or a compass
20190530_193909.jpg

Found this headlight at a swap meet, should be pretty easy to convert to LED but I might have to put a battery box somewhere else outside of the shell. I also think it would look good mounted right here.
20190530_221316.jpg

You could also do the LED flashlight conversion to this headlight....

That's cool, but this light is held together by a screw in the back, can't do any cutting back there. One of the reasons I like this light so much is that it takes a small bulb and the glass is separate, makes it a much easier task. I typically use a head lamp since the components are small and compact anyway.

That's cool, but this light is held together by a screw in the back, can't do any cutting back there. One of the reasons I like this light so much is that it takes a small bulb and the glass is separate, makes it a much easier task. I typically use a head lamp since the components are small and compact anyway.
Just get an LED bulb for it if it’s not a sealed beam. Try SuperBrightLED.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's that headlight conversion coming along? Any progress on this cool build?

Thank you for the kind words, I feel extremely fortunate to be able build this the way I've always wanted to.

Here's some progress I made with the front light. I left the package in to show which headlamp I started out with, the insides are perfect to do this with.
20190621_191855.jpg

Have you considered a fender mounted light?

I did, but I want to keep with more of the motorcycle theme/look, so I'm building a bracket on the front. The top of the light will still be below the top of the fork, to keep it streamline.
20190621_191909.jpg

Latest posts

Back