BO15 All Downhill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 123780
Cool but I don't know where I could source stickers for graphics. Maybe a stencil?
I’ve been looking at
doityourselflettering.com
which has a garuntee that you can place them or they’ll replace them, lots of font/color options, and some graphics, too.
33E9B221-F3AB-4A1C-B5EE-D3E070B8909E.png

I’ve not yet ordered, so I can’t vouch for them.

And the bike is looking awesome, too! :cool:
I ordered and applied my decals, and can now vouch for them as a good product, (durability still to be determined through time, of course) and if you want to check out how they came out:
Blue Bomber CurbHopper pg.6. (not trolling for more views, just pointing to the pics :angelic:)

I ordered and applied my decals, and can now vouch for them as a good product, (durability still to be determined through time, of course) and if you want to check out how they came out:
Blue Bomber CurbHopper pg.6. (not trolling for more views, just pointing to the pics :angelic:)
index.php

:thumbsup: look nice!
I like kickstands, keeps me from scratching & denting from all the leaning. :grin:
Yes! Makes me crazy laying a bike on the ground.

Started final assembly, got bearings greased, brakes and derailleur adjusted. Went for test ride and seat post way too short for proper leg extension. Frame takes a 28.6 mm seatpost. must have 25 seat posts in the stash but no 28.6 mm. :(
IMG_1869.JPG

Rather then order a seat post from the orient, I realized a 1 1/8" steerer would fit perfect. Cut steerer of junk suspension fork.
Welded on 1/2 of an old set of mountain bike bars and good to go.
IMG_1676.JPG

Second test ride went well, have to make chain longer as middle ring is just to low geared and I will try the big ring.
IMG_1675.JPG

Got back on the build yesterday, and raised the bars, added grips and made chain longer so I could get gearing more road friendly. :grin:
DSCF7201.JPG
DSCF7204.JPG

The grips are nice big kinda rubbery ones that were on the Kawasho mountain bike.
IMG_1868.JPG

All the used parts have scratches and I'm resisting the urge to repaint everything....
DSCF7198.JPG

Rides pretty decent on our gravel drive. The marzocchi bomber fork is smooth but applying the front brake hard leads to dramatic compression of the front fork and pretty dramatic weight transfer! Maybe it needs more air or a dampener adjustment? Not quite as bad if you expect it tho.

I hope not. If a horse produces "biscuits" that color, you better change his feed! :giggle:

Actually I made a rare shopping trip to a local hardware store, and just grabbed some Rustoleum spray in a few different colors. I'm thinking its kind of a desert camo look.
125e574fad8d67034a72652f8c42439a.jpg

Then I recycled the gum wall tires onto it. The Purple Anno bars are the "luxury item", along with the fork which is just awesome!

Is that horse biscuit brown ? :happy:
I spent weeks waiting for this oil based military paint to dry in US Navy gray and my brother was over the other day and asked when was I going to paint it and what color . :mad: I should of told him horse biscuit brown .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back