Agent Orange

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
folowing ! awesome start ... very curious how you gona make the rear fender fit over the frame without being permanent or have a channel in it

folowing ! awesome start ... very curious how you gona make the rear fender fit over the frame without being permanent or have a channel in it
Thanks. You got it. It's going to be permanent. I'll be cutting channels in it so the frame slides in then I'll fill in the channels and mold it to the bike. There will be one channel left for the chain to pass thru, other than that, it should be a perfect flow from fender to frame.

This is basically how I'm frenching in the Caddi tail light on my rear fender. This is another pic of my inspiration.
i see this and can imagine a fender done like this one , a "normal" fender over the frame(as part of the frame) and 2 sides added (clip on) or something ... "just thinking out loud":crazy:

i see this and can imagine a fender done like this one , a "normal" fender over the frame(as part of the frame) and 2 sides added (clip on) or something ... "just thinking out loud":crazy:
You just gave me an idea. I could cut out the sides of my fender, add a lip to the edge of it and mount it. this would make it a lot easier to get to the rear wheel too. If I have enough time I just might do this. Or, I could make a fake fender skirt and just mount it to the fender to have this look. Yeah, that would work and be much easier too. I'm not lazy, I'm just not sure if I'll have enough time to do it the other way. Thanks for the idea.

With that as inspiration for the tail light, this build just gets more difficult to pull off every day.

Loosening up the rules seems to have brought out the 'do the improbable in a short period of time'.
Looking forward to see what you et to work, inspiring for sure.

Last edited:
I originally thought I was going to use this 24x3 rear tire, but it's so fat it rubs the frame and the chain. Plus, you'll only be able to see the bottom 2 inches of it any way so I'll save it for another build.

Last edited:
I started building the buck so I can widen the rear fender.

Measure twice, cut once, measure twice, cut once, measure once cut twice... Crap!! I forgot to subtract the thickness of the fender. So I had to use this specially designed tool from Binford Tools. It works great.

All cut.

Got the buck all made. If you notice, the front is wider than the rear. That's because I'm tapering the fender so it's more like a teardrop. Plus, if I didn't taper it then the rear of the fender would be 7 inches wide which would look way too bulky for a bike.

Nice work, n there was me thinking I was the only who worked the "measure once cut twice" rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told myself 100 times before I cut this to make sure to subtract for the fender. And I still forgot!

Latest posts

Back