BO15 After Victory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The WW2 Seabees Transfers dated 1942 came in to incorporate in a center tank plate , down the road ? The Construction Battalion is another history lesson that I won't get into here , but the new paint scheme is a navy gray in place of Olive Drab .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-Seabee...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
navy cabe.jpg

Seabees Transfers.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Navy gray better.
Killer SeaBee decal

Love those Thompson grips! For the new guys on the forum, one of our members, Ian, aka @ifitsfreeitsforme is the owner / developer / distributer of Thompson grips and saddles. I've used them on several of my builds, great vintage vibe and firm, but comfortable grips! Highly recommended! Check with him for his latest offerings.

It is rumored that all G519 bicycles and WW2 Jeeps came from the factory with OD paint and each branch was responsible with painting it the corresponding color . The US Air force and US Navy used what paint was on hand . Some were even painted yellow at ship yards .

Color
USN Color
Federal Standard
(595a)
HTML Code
Remarks
Thayer Blue
5-B
#b2c2c2
White
5-U
#fbfaf6
Pale Gray
5-P
#b9c5bb
Navy Blue
5-N
Haze Gray
5-H
#7d8c91
Ocean Gray
5-O
Dull Black
BK
Deck Blue
20-B
#363f48

Last edited:
Every time I do that, I have to first sit through wheel lacing youtubes a few times before I feel comfortable doing it again.

Haze gray and underway! It's been many years since I've sailed with our Navy, but I would sure like to go again. Only without the overnight watches and sweepers 5 times a day.
I would try my hand at lacing a wheel, but I feel obligated to contribute to the economy of the Philippines since that's where I'll be, so I'll let them lace my new wheels for my build. My bike guy did a great job last time. I'll even buy the rims and spokes from them too. Anything to help!
15129569_10154722622756737_587311865125982982_o - Copy.jpg

In the spirit of your military build and all this talk about the navy, Monday June 8th, baby Jude #1 (Taylor) formally signed and was sworn into the US Navy.

Super proud day for our family.

Taylor has one more year of nursing school and after graduation next spring will head off to officer development school and into the US Navy Nurse Corps.
6500EF69-1A79-45D8-A6CE-EFDAA4F5C212.jpeg

Great build! I had a Compax Paratrooper that led me to reading all about Westfield and their war efforts. Some pretty fascinating history (which for me is an important part of this hobby).

Latest posts

Back