A2A

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Out of the ashes comes the A2A (ashes to ashes) build. Salvaged parts from three burned bikes...

EBFD1BCF-139A-4E6D-9F79-1C80CC2C78ED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, looking forward to seeing the bikes!

I went in and made you pic bigger. You can click the "Full Size" button on the pics before you post to get them a decent size to see.

I can’t find my pictures of pile of burnt bikes, but this is some of what I salvaged and the starting point for my build. ‘71 Manta Ray frame, ‘60’s Murry fork, post war JC Higgins.

Cool bike I mean sorry about the fire though.
It seems I remember a couple years back someone had a similar thing happen . And built a Burt bike . Looking forward to the resurrection....

View attachment 94404 Any thoughts on how to straighten this warped but cool ”Mag” sprocket?

A vice, with some old rag wrapped around it. Tighten it not too hard, but hard enough so you can bend the sprocket. Also a piece of flat surface (like a piece of 5mm sheet metal) can come in handy to determine if it's straight enough

I like where your'e coming from! That tank is cool, and the 'rust-ina' on the frame and fork as well.

RaT oN~!

Two wheel mock-up. I’ll run black walls and swaying between painted wheels or faux rusty wheels? I’m leaning towards painted... probably a firey red or orange.
I vote for paint, totally.

The stance will be fun as I am running a 26” fork and 26” wheels on a 24” frame.
Running a similar setup on my daily cruiser - 28" fork, 24" frame and 26" wheels. Looks great, and drives nice. The only problem is mounting the rear fender.

How about faux rust paint? :nerd:

Definitely think either a bright color of paint, a cream color, or rust-ina job.

That frame / tank /chain ring are so cool! I'm sure you'll do it up right.

I have a burning question?
Any progress?
Git your ashes in gear and build this thing.

Latest posts

Back