A strange bike indeed.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Colnago and Tange posted above, I love the fork mounted bars.
2012 TAIPEI CYCLE.jpg
Sexy Bikes.jpg

To be clear, I love the look, not sure about the ergonomics

My thoughts on "drag" bikes: to easy to hide illegal helps.
To expensive to keep the sport alive for enthusiasts.
To demanding after running and swimming.

It was 15 years ago I had to give up drops. Never was comfortable, ever! Sold off some really expensive tri bikes. Found gravel road bikes much more forgiving!

Found this pic on r/fixedgearbicycle. Looks like an imitation version.
View attachment 153447
Not my favorite conversion, especially for that frame; but to each his or her own. Huge size; looks to be 70 cm or so.

I bought a friend's low profile Nishiki Linear about a year ago. Fun ride, but my old back says 30 miles on it is enough. Low cost as someone mentioned earlier, paid $200; but seen going around $400.

'87 Linear
IMG_20191219_121709.jpg

Not my favorite conversion, especially for that frame; but to each his or her own. Huge size; looks to be 70 cm or so.

I bought a friend's low profile Nishiki Linear about a year ago. Fun ride, but my old back says 30 miles on it is enough. Low cost as someone mentioned earlier, paid $200; but seen going around $400.

'87 Linear
View attachment 153673
I think it is a 70cm. Panasonic made up to 72cm frames.
Screenshot_20210326-201048_Chrome.jpg

If wheels are 700c then this rider was taller than I at 6'5".
I think the wheels are 650b, but still the rider must be very tall. I think somewhere I read that the rider that they built this for was 6' 7.

Latest posts

Back