A Stingray, Buzz Bike, and a Mattel Stallion walk into a bar...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Raleigh redlines finally came in for the Stallion so I did a bit more cleaning on it and got them mounted up. Maybe I should be posting in the fresh finds forum, heck I don't know but here's where I started and where I am now.
IMAG0975_1_1.jpg
IMAG1116.jpg

Well, I blew it regarding the springer for the AMF Renegade. I should have done a bit more research, didn't realize there were different lengths of steer tubes and the one one I ordered seems to be too short. Looks to be the same length as the stock tube but the thickness of the springer coupler won't give me enough threads to work with. Not sure what I'll do, may throw it on the shelf for another project or may try to rig it so it will go on good enough to hang from the ceiling.
IMAG1126_1.jpg

Last edited:
Johnny is begging to be moralized for that last go....
But if want, really easy to stretch a steer, especially if have a spare fork to donor... A pipe cutter and an inner sleeve for strength some reset weld and your good. Just try do lower in the steer so can get stem depth with out having hack that up also.

Actually, a bit cheesy but I just pulled the bottom bearings out which allowed the tube to slide up just far enough to grab some threads. It's on there good enough for a ceiling hanger, I have four others that I can ride if I get the urge. Think I'm done messing with this one for now. If nothing else, this frame is a good place to store some decent partso_O.

Latest posts

Back