A sneak peak at my Electras (Works in progress)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
Here are some pictures of my electras, as I got a few parts in today. There is still some missing, but they will arrive in the next few days.
Anyway, let me know what you think.

Here's my Electra Cruiser Lux 3i.
20170113_172709.jpg

So far I've added apes, a NOS Zoom BMX stem, Project 346 shifter, white grips, a cellphone holder, a headlight, valve caps and a horn. Incoming parts are p346 whitewall 2.35" Balloon tires, RUFF white bmx pedals and a white Kroozie.

This is my Electra Ghostrider 3i 2016(?).
20170113_173406.jpg

I've added apes, motorcycle headlight awaiting LED conversion, motorcycle grips, a project 346 seat, 8ball valve caps, and a masterlock. I will also be adding; 24x3" ruff whitewalls, shiny aluminium bmx pedals, and a BoxKars 7" suicide shifter. I'm real excited about that one.

Please excuse the mess, I'm in the process of moving, and my livingroom also doubles as my workshop.

Last edited:
Pretty much done with the cruiser! Added Project 346 2.35" whitewall balloon tires and white Ruff Cycles pedals. Just waiting on the white kroozie and a black/white bananaseat + sissy bar. Not sure if I will use those regularly or not, so here it is as it stands now. Again, the mess is there, excuse it if you wanna.
20170118_204354.jpg

Fitted the bananaseat. Had to mount the sissybar on the ouside of the dropouts, so it sits slightly crooked. Probably only me that notices. The seat feels alittle narrow for my fat a**, but the reach to the pedals is perfect! For the looks, I'd might want to mount it alittle lower, but not sure if I can because of the way its mounted. We'll see. But here it is as it sits now. Not 100% if I will keep it or use it somewhere else, but I'll give it a few days to sink in.
20170210_183647.jpg
20170210_183608.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics, I'll take some better ones when the weather clears.

I've got a Ghostrider that I've been trying to find a headlight for. Mind posting some closest pics of yours? Do you have a link for it as well? And what grips did you get for it? Thanks.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Here is a little tip for you. I love the Electra XL saddles, and honestly find them bit more comfortable, then P346 ones, which are as well awesome. That is personal and depends on a shape of your body, but if you by any chance feel same as me the following could be useful. When you travel far or have a long cruises (60+km) that could become a huge difference, and i must say Electra's shape does the work really good, you are almost not tired at all after 80 or 90 km a day, and the very next day you can hop back on your bike for another 90 km, no bad feelings. But the springs on the P346 look way more awesome, and are somewhat softer as well. The good news are that they are interchangeable, the sizes are similar and the springs could be switched. That combination makes perfect saddle, soft and nice. When you do it keep in mind you'd have to adjust the front spring holding bolt to sit further back, otherwise it would still fit, but the position of rear springs would be crooked. Don't know if it's bad or not, but i prefer to have them straight.

Latest posts

Back