A 'New World' Order (pic heavy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19774&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The rain finally cleared up enough to take some pictures of 'High Key' and I realized I never took final pictures of this build, so here they are. This bike rides really good and I love the kickback hub. This is probably the closest bike I have to being a rat.

DSC05515.jpg

DSC05516.jpg

DSC05518.jpg

DSC05504.jpg

DSC05511.jpg

DSC05524.jpg

DSC05525.jpg

DSC05526.jpg

DSC05531.jpg

DSC05529.jpg

DSC05523.jpg

DSC05502.jpg

DSC05512.jpg

DSC05520.jpg

those are such nice riding frames 8)

Nice build!

I agree very classy looking and at the same time ratty!

Joe

scott brownsey said:
cool build goodjob what r the grips made of :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Grips are cork and I got them from Rivendell cycles.

SSG said:
I love it! Nice patina and everything. I have to wonder though, those screws in the seat look like they would chafe your leg pretty badly.

I was a little worried about that too, but you ride in a very upright position and I haven't noticed them at all. If they would have rubbed against my legs I would have just replaced them with leather laces.

Fantastic bike. I got myself a 1942(?) New World frame that I'm building on. This is definitely an inspiration.
Sean

Yeah, that brass pipe is a sweet battery tube. I'm totally gonna copy that, just a touch of steam punk.......

I didn't realize that this thread had been bumped back up, so thanks for all the compliments.

g-ratter- I did build the battery tube. It's basically just a piece of copper pipe cut down to length with a cap on each end. Basically all the parts came from either home depot or Ace. Just take the battery holder with you so that you are sure it fits in the pipe. I had to really grind the heads of the bolts that hold the straps on so that everything would clear. I would go take some pictures but I sold this bike a little while ago.
DSC05263.jpg

As far as the headlight conversion it was very similar to what jandroart did on his viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24301&p=244600&hilit=+light#p244600

Latest posts

Back