a new way to find cheap bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked there for awhile but no bikes worth checkin out. But spring has sprung so maybe more bikes will be kicked to the curb.

The sounds great. I happen to live in bike Siberia and a few come up on craigslist but usually they think they have something more than what they have. I was tempted the other day at a his and hers cruiser that look to be from the 60's.

I live in an area with about one million people, and I signed up to freecycle.org about a year ago. I didn't post a bicycle search message, but not a single bike was offered in the last year.
Maybe in the States it's different.

I worked on Cub Cadets for 4 years and if I never work on another lawn mower the rest of my life I will be happy lol
but I would like to have a 682 cub cadet just because they are red and look like a mini tractor :)

i signed up in 3 neighboring towns...
when i tried to place the want ad, they denied me cause i didnt state what i wanted the bikes for, and i left an open ended amount...i.e. "bikes"

i didnt realize they put a limit on how many free bikes you wanted... why do they want to know what i'm going to do with them?

it seems they all have different rules..... some state they dont want you reselling stuff but if i do resell i sell parts or fix them up so they arent the same anymore and also I fix up atleast one kids bike a month and give them to churches for underprivileged kids so I include that in my want ad :)

and it shouldnt matter the amount if your recycling them..... thats the point of the website
to keep the stuff out of the dump
all I know is I have a busy weekend sunday i go get 20 some bikes and parts

i guess i need to come up with a better strategy for my ad. i'm just looking for old bikes people dont want... i didnt realize the fun police were involved :roll:

scores of the day :)
the rollfast tandem sadly didnt make it home I stopped at the LBS and well they wanted it more than me and i didnt have my camera with me

ratrod will love this one :) HD aug 1968
P2220005.jpg

june 1981
P2220008.jpg

Hooch said:

I have a ladies in this color. Got a trade in mind for the mens?

well how much paper. I have a notebook full of paper!! LOL

Latest posts

Back