A few spaceliner questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions about my new spaceliner. Fist can anyone help with the manufacturer and what year? The chain guard said strato flyer on it. Second, did this style have a tank? In the picture below it looks like leftover of where it couldve been. Third, can anyone give me some info on this coaster? Is it a good one? What's the nipple on it used for? lube?
Thanks ahead of time.

DSC06115.jpg

DSC06138.jpg

DSC06135.jpg

DSC06136.jpg

DSC06140.jpg

DSC06141.jpg

Hey thanks for the input guys.
I thought the spaceliner and the strato flyer looked pretty similar. The chainguard I have for it does say strato flyer on it (I'll post pictures when I get it back). Now can anyone comfirm on the year...I looked up the murray serial chart and found it was manufactured by western auto. I'm gunna say the U on it is for '62? Also what would you guys sell it for? Someone offered to buy it and I wanna know if it's worth it.

The Komet hub has date codes on it and it is probably original to the bike. The 161 means January of '61 (simple enough) an the 36 is for the 36 spoke holes. I am comfortable calling the bike a '61 model year.

If you find a correct tank and shine the chrome up I could see the bike bringing $300+. As it sits I would say $125-150 around here.

udallcustombikes said:
The Komet hub has date codes on it and it is probably original to the bike. The 161 means January of '61 (simple enough) an the 36 is for the 36 spoke holes. I am comfortable calling the bike a '61 model year.

Wow this is really good to know for furture use! Thanks for the help. I plan on keeping this one for a while.

aka_locojoe said:

Yeah I've seen this one, and the before pictures as well. I don't believe that type of tank on this on will fit on mine.

Does anyone know what the tank for my bike looks like? I've tried serching for other strato flyers and there really isn't any out there that I could find that's the same style as mine.

Latest posts

Back