A/A ALTERED update 10/26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well here is the bike i had started for the beer bike challenge but due to a different direction i wanted to take the bike i bowed out. (still owe u some beer buddy) anyways the name i was thinking a play on Alcoholics Anonymous get it? lol oh well here is what i have in rolling mock up as it sat at the behind the bars show

seaotter057.jpg

seaotter059.jpg

seaotter058.jpg

seaotter060.jpg

seaotter061.jpg

Re: A/A ALTERED

they will be gusseted i think if i left them stock there would be issues. now then lets play "whats that part". for those close to me that already know what it is shhhhhh but can anyone i.d. what the pivot is? and i will take better pics of the bike sorry that was at night in the garage

It looks small for a driveshaft yolk/uv joint,.....my guess is it's a steering shaft yolk/uv joint,....most likely out of a jeep or truck.

dang i forgot some of you here are car guys. ding ding it is the old tailshaft trans yoke off my 2.77 3 speed trans that i blew up in the truck. it was shortened about 4 inches and took just a bit of grinding to get the fork to fit inside. and best of all it still has the grease fitting so i can keep it smooth :mrgreen:

ironically i am going to stop drinking for awhile i have been bad lately and it was starting to get to me. falling asleep early, bad headaches the next morning, not really getting anything done. i think it will be for the better and makes the bike's name even more correct.

just wondering(since i know this bike is on a bat hunt :wink: )....but who judges the bike classes now at the autorama?
is it the same ones that do the cars,peoples choice,or something i have no clue about?
just wondering cause if its the same judges as the cars you might not want to use the fork for the rear(not intending to be disrespectful at all nor am i saying it looks bad but ive done cars at work that were going into high profile shows and thats stuff theyll knock you down points-wise for....again just thinking about the bat hunt since youre in it to win it...)

once i have it shaped and gusseted i doubt they will be able to tell what it was originally anyways. and if they knock me then so be it. you are right the judges are the same as the ones in the car show i talked with them on what they are looking for and i think i have a good idea.

i agree with your point though and maybe it will hurt me but i think it will be fine. stay tuned more to come very soon :D

glad you knew i wasnt trying to knock it(cause personally i like it and i dont have a clue about what the rest is going to look like....just was trying to think like a judge...but then i pulled my head out of my ... :shock: )

its all kool dude cant wait to see more of your ride too. and thanks bmxerpete the trans yoke deal was a spur of the moment thing and once done it will not look like a yoke.

got some new parts coming for the bike. should be here in a few days then i can really get into this bike .

nothing new to announce been super busy with the rodeo and dealing with other life issues. i am not happy at myself for letting this bike get put on the back burner i just know how i want it and need time to do what i want.

Latest posts

Back