__-~^^~-__ BERKSHIRE __-~^^~-__

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really like your thoughts on this...I agree you should ditch the kickstand.
Appreciate you are using as much old cockpit parts as you can...Nice sugino crank.. never seen one like that...looks really long? Skip tooth front sprocket to match the ND? looks like its going to be a funtoride bike.

haha, Luke your new avatar is great.

SilverKing - yes, they are long crank arms. Lots of torque. I'm going to try grinding every other tooth on the Sugino crank, but if I get too much side-to-side motion and resultant noise from the wider skip tooth chain, then my plan B is, well, I have a plan B and C actually. I'll post them if I get to that point.

I've only ever ground every other tooth on a rear cog, never tried it on a crank ring.

While I'm partial to the Sachs Huret Multito odometer because I used them in the 80s, I found this Lucas brand that is all metal. I will probably use it instead:

Lucas clicky by ijt64, on Flickr

The Lucas odometer is tiny. Instructions printed on onion skin:
amyjeqet.jpg

ry5ege3u.jpg

Curious medallion pressed into the end:

4e7upa3e.jpg

Sorry, I know these are lame updates. I'll get to actual bike building ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stole away to garage for ten minutes and cut a piece of reflector to fit in this file cabinet drawer label thing. It fits perfectly between two existing holes on fender and covers the middle one.
da8aru7u.jpg

sy6uqahe.jpg

3ataqyny.jpg

It's little things like this that keep me coming here. Very ingenius, Rg

^^thanks man. I have to be content with the little ideas, cuz they are all I have. Not enough vision, talent or time to pull off the big winner ideas.

I know it has been said, but super cool! I have been struggling with how to cover up the three holes on the back of an old fender I picked up. Don't sell yourself short on your creativity.

Stole away to garage for ten minutes and cut a piece of reflector to fit in this file cabinet drawer label thing. It fits perfectly between two existing holes on fender and covers the middle one.

3ataqyny.jpg

A lot of us on the sidelines are grateful to see the 'little ideas' as they appear, as that is about the level we would have to start.
Details turn something that could have been Walmart into a bike people want.

I started cleaning to see how much original paint is left. The original pinstripes are just about gone. But the patina is nice. I'll flat or satin clear it

ubyda4yz.jpg

Fenders cleaned up with a great patina.
Nice chainring too.
You're not fooling me about not having the big ideas and execution. I've seen your builds and they're top shelf in my book.

Thanks Bri, I appreciate it.

Parts cleaning

y5yny6em.jpg

My favorite stem, a BF. Bought a stainless bolt n wingnut to give it a more vintage look.

e4ugu4u8.jpg

Frame n fenders cleaning and clear coat. I'm using gloss. Hope I don't regret it

e7agery9.jpg

ba8e2a4u.jpg

Hmmmm, that's a problem:

savaje8a.jpg

Latest posts

Back