"999 Racer"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone ever see this race car? Henry Ford built 2 back in 1902, they had a frame, motor, wheels, and a seat. The motor is the awsome part,inline 4, 1155.3 ci :!: (18.8 lt), 7.25 bore and a 7 in stroke :!: The pistons must have been the size of coffee cans :shock: Making 70 to 100 hp and a top speed of 91 mph, they must have been scaaaarrrrrry back then. I seen a pic of it in a Ford book I have, Henry himself driving, no helmet or goggles but he did have a suit and tie, big brass. Okay, enuff history lesson, I've just been looking stuff up on it and wanted to give a run down of what my build-off bike is going to pay props to.
999.jpg
Cool huh? So I have 3 goals for this build, #1, Keep it clean, #2, Resemble the car as much as posible, #3 Finish on time :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: But heres the jolopy I'm starting with, even took a hit in the front :shock:
010.jpg
011-1.jpg

I like where this is going :)

I actually have a his and hers set of those bikes?!?
(inspire me)

Little progress today, swapped out the forks and chainring. Also got the tank cut, going on vacation so next Monday I'll get back at 'er :mrgreen:
041.jpg

Back from vacation and got some work done today! Switched forks for one that fits, got handlebars on, a seat, and rims are tireless 'cuz I sold a Schwinn to a neighbor and my tires for this build had to go on. So much for my $20 budget :? I did slap on the biggest chainring in the parts box. 52 tooth, sort-of, every other tooth is gone. Does it count as a skip tooth? :D
002-4.jpg
003-6.jpg
The eye bolt is on the back of the race car, probably didn't have reverse :!: The rear rim is a Komet Super, looks weird and no nuts fit the axle, fun fun fun........

52 tooth, sort-of, every other tooth is gone. Does it count as a skip tooth? :D
002-4.jpg
003-6.jpg

For me, personally, I'd say inlaw! 8) HeheheOW! :x

yep how do you think i did the rear cog on the lucky 7? just grind every other tooth off and there ya go.

very fun!! triple triangle frame, nice touch.
thumbs.gif

since you picked the theme I have to insist that you add the knobs to the handle bar just like the car! like maybe some old file handles
icon_rofl.gif

of course I can't guarantee Godzilla won't smash it like it was parked in downtown Tokyo circa 1965
godzilla1b.gif

Scott 8)
P.S. all kidding in good fun! but seriously... smash! :mrgreen:

Nope, no file handles, got some thing else though funny guy :D The tank is done as are the straps, and different rims 'cus the rear is a bust. :? Final mock-up photos soon. BE afraid....

i think Godzilla is now afraid of this one, so i'll just put a bad spell on ya and then Godzilla can take care of the small stuff.lol yep, this is a kool bike. just remember, Godzilla and Black Wicked is watching.

Outlaw 8)

I can't wait to see some new photos. the triple tringle geometry frame has great possibilities. I have some old MTB stuff if you need anything. you pay shipping and I'll go out and see if I have what you need. do you need a wheel?
Scott 8)

Check out the tank! Pretty clean bike, after paint of course. I'm not sure where the "muffler" is gonna go yet but it'll be cool :D On to paint!!!
023-2.jpg
022-2.jpg

Steal away! It's a 2 1/2 inch exhaust pipe from Autozone, the straps are banding from work and are not fun to drill. I also notice that fence post caps fit on the ends. If ya build one post a pic :!:

37fleetwood said:
I can't wait to see some new photos. the triple tringle geometry frame has great possibilities. I have some old MTB stuff if you need anything. you pay shipping and I'll go out and see if I have what you need. do you need a wheel?
Scott 8)
I forgot to say thanks for the offer dude! The issue is the rear rim doesn't have nuts, I just need to run to the hardware store for them. Fun with oddball parts :D

Paint is my favorite part! To dark now for pics of the red, which is a different brand and it's STINKS :? Rims are ready to spray.
Tank
001.jpg

Frame
002-5.jpg

Latest posts

Back