Really not sure.. prewar, cwc? (HP Snyder made) Brand?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This frame has me a little perplexed. I think it is a late 30s cwc, but don't know enuff about their serialsnto know.

I have seen it on this site previously, but never saw anyone's it.

I am hoping for some help

Serial.stamp

It has #14-24 threaded chain tensioner screws.
With rear facing dropouts.

Slightly flattened chainstay, round seat stays.

Someone mentioned Roadmaster to me, but the tube angle to the dropouts doesn't seem to match. HP Snyder... hmmm. The pics i found of those had straight tube seat stays instead of rounded.

Just a guess...H.P. Snyder. I have one very similar and that's what I was told. Gary
Good call on the HP Snyder made frame. I searched out bramded, not made by...

Was lookin about and I ran crossed a HP Snyder manufactured roll fast here:
http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle613/picture2553

When I first saw it, I thought Rollfast. But the head badge pins are vertical, not horizontal like the Rollfast.

I was wrong! :eek: Vertical.
20150519_194722%202_zps3k05xvbp.jpg

still too cool and relevant not to post a good photo ;)

The first vertical-holed badge that comes to mind, and commonly came on Snyder products is Belknap. Though I'm sure there are a number of other ones.
439m-1.jpg

I was wrong! :eek: Vertical.

still too cool and relevant not to post a good photo ;)
Thanks for trying.

The first vertical-holed badge that comes to mind, and commonly came on Snyder products is Belknap. Though I'm sure there are a number of other ones.
439m-1.jpg

I don't know much about Belknap . Will start searching.

I know Belknap also sourced frames from Huffman, which is what that '41 is :happy:

There's not always a solid answer with these old bicycles. The hard part is that there were hundreds of hardware stores that sold bicycles and badged them specially for their shop. Belknap was one of the larger ones and I know they sourced from Snyder.

Other Snyder badges: Royal Flyer, Overland, Pilgrim, Puritan, Winchester, Standard, Keystone, Peerless, Athlete, Harvard, American Flyer, Roamer, Cadet, Black Beauty, Gold Medal, Princeton, Yale, Ben Hur, Blue Ribbon, Savage, Rex, and Lexington. -Adam

Latest posts

Back