Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the number thingy on the front--are you gonna do a mini windsheild, too?
What brand & size are those tires? I like them.
What make is the frame ? I know it looks like a typical cantilever frame, but I noticed a bracket welded on for the coaster brake lever, instead of a strap like every other coaster brake bike I've ever seen. Smart design.
Should be another sweet bike when it's done...keep up the good work!

Oooops, got a little side tracked. But spent the past two days working on it and it's almost done. Here's some pics!

grips
bikes058.jpg
[/img]

frame, finally done.
bikes059.jpg
[/img]

sneak peek
bikes071.jpg

I like the bare metal frames. Simple and shiny. How did you mount that stem- w/Threaded to threadless adaptor?

cman said:
I like the bare metal frames. Simple and shiny. How did you mount that stem- w/Threaded to threadless adaptor?

Yes sir, I think it's called a quill adapter or something like that. I've had it for some time and never used it until now. The frame is almost bare metal, I polished it for about an hour by hand and that was after trying to get the same consistency throughout the whole frame with a wire brush wheel thingy. I also removed some unsightly tabs and smoothed everything out with my 4 1/2 inch grinder with a flapper wheel and a cutting disc. Next time...I think I'm gonna paint. I chopped both fenders to give it the bobber look and notched the forks to lower the front end without bending the forks. I cleaned and repacked all the bearings but I didn't take pictures or I would've gotten grease all over the camera. Here's a pic of my mess AND almost done!

bikes065.jpg

bikes069.jpg

Someething jus occured to me, since it's supposed to look like a racebike, where you have your feet back by the rear wheel, wouldn't it bee cool if you had something back there you could put your feet on for the long rolling parts, like hills and such? I thought of BMW pegs but they are rather big, maybe you could fab something!

With the hills around here that would be crazy....I'm thinking the bolt on grinding pegs like on BMX bikes or the old frame standers. Hehe, good idea. :mrgreen:

Here's some finished pics for you guys & gals to critic e . I was going to do the whole banana seat and tank thing too but I thought it would be too much. I did have another idea for a faux tank made from wrapping checker print fabric around the top tubes and starching the poop out of it but never found the fabric. Oh well, enjoy. :D

bikes074.jpg

bikes085.jpg

bikes081.jpg

Latest posts

Back