Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my entry :mrgreen: . The name came from my mock up build and the wife saw it and said " It's a bike once it has wheels on it and that's number nine.....don't you think you have enough bikes?" And #9 was born.

bikes007.jpg

bikes009.jpg

bikes008.jpg

Okay, where did you get a threadless fork that looks like that?

Maybe you're playing tricks on us. :wink:

Nice contrast

The orange rims and black spokes look awesome.

Reminds me of some '70s factory hot rods with orange stripes! Just looks cool.

--=={{Rob}}==--

cman said:
those Nashbar 3spd nexus's are showin up all over.

I wish they were the Nashbar 3speed wheels. They're just a single speed coaster brake wheel set I had left over from my Norco.
Thanks for the compliments guys! :mrgreen:

That looks too mutch like what I had planned for my build off bike. Didn't you see my concept drawing a couple months ago? ( ha ha, im just playing) Well luckely I hadnt painted my frame yet, because now im going to have to figure out a new color sceem. Darn, my OCD! :mrgreen:

UPDATE

Sorry guys, not keeping the yellow...it was a 50 mph paint job and I have something else in mind. The wheels are done! Found some nice tires at a local LBS with a tread pattern that goes with my inspiration.

Strippin' paint
bikes010.jpg

bikes012-1.jpg

Wheels are done!
bikes017.jpg

Inspiration!
greenMOTO_LG.jpg

purpleMOTO_LG.jpg

untitled9.jpg

Sweet!! I like the tires, they look like motorcycle tires. Now that ive seen the pic of the motorcycle im anxious to see the finished bike.

P.S. Aint strippin paint fun. :mrgreen:

The front end is done! Yay! What a pain in the you know what getting old and new stuff to work together. :roll: But after grinding, smoothing, and some notching here it is. :mrgreen:

bikes033.jpg

bikes030.jpg

Well except for grips. :lol:

Latest posts

Back