'81 Emory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
'81 (I believe) Emory Mojave Cruiser. Originally came with pretty sweet Ashtabula parts. Fork, crank, stem (set aside of course). This re-work just kinda happen. I wanted to see what the tubular forks would look like on it, and I just kept grabbing stuff out of my stash. Nothing on this build was purchased with the intention of this build. Which is how most of my builds go. Stuff just starts coming together. I did this in an afternoon. Except the rear wheel I built the following Sunday.

image8 (3).JPG

image7 (3).JPG
image2 (17).JPG

image5 (9).JPG

image4 (9).JPG

image6 (7).JPG

image3 (15).JPG

how it sat before I started messin with it. (kinda. It had flat mtb bars and a 90s mtb saddle when I bought it)
image1 (25).JPG

I'd been wanting to do a simple black & silver build for a bit, and this fit the bill. Its unassuming enough I don't get to many looks or questions, which is nice. Its comfy and rides great.

So I’ve been blacking this bike out. Since the last pic, added a vintage black Brooks B66 I brought back to life, full foam 80s grips, and a black Schwinn fork courtesy of my bud @Danny the schwinn freak -

2B2EA82C-027C-4F1F-83C6-628A1A6BA834.jpeg

I’m debating swapping the wheels to some black Araya 7x I’ve got. But they have a lil brake rub, so I’m hesitant to lace the rear to a coaster.

This Bikes one of my favorite riders and sees a lot of saddle time. Stoked on the brooks.

So I’ve been blacking this bike out. Since the last pic, added a vintage black Brooks B66 I brought back to life, full foam 80s grips, and a black Schwinn fork courtesy of my bud @Danny the schwinn freak -

View attachment 72651
I’m debating swapping the wheels to some black Araya 7x I’ve got. But they have a lil brake rub, so I’m hesitant to lace the rear to a coaster.

This Bikes one of my favorite riders and sees a lot of saddle time. Stoked on the brooks.
Looks amazing man, nice work!

Latest posts

Back