8/27 Pair of Columbias - Torpedo ladies and ??? mens, missing tanks and headlights.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
GEDC1931_zpsng0zvwqg.jpg

Picked these up tonight....The ladies is a Torpedo with an awesome seat tube decal... Front wheel obviously wrong, it didn't have one when I picked it up. Signs of there being a tank at one point. It's got a H 257241 Serial and a Mattatuck USA hub.

The men's is a _____________ with a D 96557 serial number. This definitely had a tank, but of course it was long gone. Perry B10 D or B 100 hub. The rims may be savable, but they will need respoking and of course a set of tires.

I'm not sure what the plans will be for these two yet...I don't think I am parting them as they are way too complete..I'm tempted to fix the wheels and chain on the red one and ride it. It sure is full of patina.

Tried to find them on Mr. Columbia's site but no go. Too late to check the serial tonight.

The guy who had them got them out of the trash at a nearby house cleanout. Wow..

Last edited:
I just picked up that same girls torpedo!! I should have it on the road tomorrow. She didn't want a complete restore on it.

Mine is missing the badge and the tank.

Im almost sure the male is also a Columbia. Id really like to see more shots of your Torpedo. I have a red and white Male thats near mint,. Id love to see variations between models.

FZ

Last edited:
Hey, thanks a bunch. I should have known that rookie trick, follow the source :p

Latest posts

Back