$75 Sears Screamer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed them and left my number. Always wanted a Screamer, but this one is to far gone for me to work on. Any idea on what I could flip it for?

Always wanted a Screamer, but this one is to far gone for me to work on.
No way that is beyond your skills!
Of course getting it back to original would be an expensive mission, but if you were willing to do a less "original" build, it is a good candidate I would have thought...

Luke.

I missed getting another about 18 months ago, also for $75. I probably should have offered the seller a bonus, just to get moved to the head of the line. The deals are out there...just not too often with Screamers.

Over priced, rusted, busted piece of junk. That thing is going to have all kinds of pits. I've brought back some rough ones but this thing is a lawn ornament or parts bike at best.

Worth every penny of the asking price in parts alone or a cheap base for a custom.

If you say so. But every part you pull will need to be rechromed. I'm a bargain hunter and unless a bike is extremely rare, I can't see paying over $40 for anything in this condition. Especially since I'm way too tall to ride it. Something is only worth what someone is willing and able to pay for it. You value the bike more than I do.

Just my opinion.

MAYBE if there were more pics but even the gear selector is and stem is rusted. For some reason, I almost never see stems rust out.

IMO, you should be able to make some cash just off the handlebars and rat trap springer. Personally I would buy it just for those alone as they don't necessarily need to be rechromed......paint and rattiness for the springer, and handlebar tape for the bars, then you have a couple cool parts for a 20" build.

Well I never got a phone call or email back. Probably a scam and now that weirdo has my phone number :21:

One of my First builds was this same bike but it was free. I sandblasted frame and collected parts to make it shine a little. So this bike is all yours Nick as I wouldn't go
thru this project again. But very cool bike.
Go $40 and see if they bite...Stevil

Well I never got a phone call or email back. Probably a scam and now that weirdo has my phone number :21:

My guess is it didn't last long and was sold by the time you posted it here.

No,still posted as of this morning.
Go get it Nick!..Stevil

In my experience, no response from a CL ad typically means it sold.
Just because an ad is still up doesn't mean that it's still available. A lot of people don't know how to delete the ad.

Latest posts

Back