"66 WEST"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chips_Mahoy said:
yoothgeye said:
How about a magnet switch mounted inside the light, then you can just stick a magnet over the area it's in to turn it on, one of those tiny strong magnets, you can stick them somewhere else when lights don't need to be on.

That sounds kinda cool. Where would I find stuff like that?

I just came up with the idea, you gotta make it happen. haha

I have a magnetic door switch, it has 2 parts, I don't know if the circuit is open or closed when the 2 parts touch, but I just thought it sounded like an idea that the right person could make happen. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
I just came up with the idea, you gotta make it happen. haha

I have a magnetic door switch, it has 2 parts, I don't know if the circuit is open or closed when the 2 parts touch, but I just thought it sounded like an idea that the right person could make happen. :mrgreen:

I think I figured it out...... You're handing out ideas to everone for free to get them to do something extra on their build.........but what they don't realize until its too late is while they're trying to add that one extra cool thing, the clock runs out and they dont finish their build in time! Which leaves you standing tall & almost alone at the end.......a build off conspiracy...... :shock: :shock:

Chips_Mahoy said:
I think I figured it out...... You're handing out ideas to everone for free to get them to do something extra on their build.........but what they don't realize until its too late is while they're trying to add that one extra cool thing, the clock runs out and they dont finish their build in time! Which leaves you standing tall & almost alone at the end.......a build off conspiracy...... :shock: :shock:

Members of the build-off, I must ask you to strike that last piece of information from your memories. This information must not be used, it is inadmissible.

SEAT WORK STARTING:

I'm using this generic mountain bike seat as a donor. I'm taking the post and metal frame out of it to use on the seat I'll be making. I'm going to attempt to make the seat from scratch with the exception of these two parts.

Great light idea!! May have to steal it-Eh I mean Eh ya know?!? :mrgreen: GTB peace

Can't wait to see what you do with that seat.

I tried the new polishing wheel tonight while Aaron's chainguard was drying. It grabbed the parts out of my hands a few times but I was able to get them cleaned up a little. So after eating a lot of fuzzies and strings, this is what I came out with. I've got a little more to do with them but I think they look okay for a first timer. You may not be able to tell in the pics, but they seem to have a little patina on them after the polishing, which I kind of like.......

Inside under the flourescent lights:

Outside with the sun setting:

Picked up some hardwood plywood for the outer trim pieces. They'll hold the filler panels in place. I'll explain why I chose plywood for this later. Then I took about 670 measurements to make sure I'm doing it right the first time and made some templates out of cardboard.

Then I drilled some pilot holes in a number of places to get ready for cutting:

Plywood? What? I thought we'd already agreed on this!

yoothgeye said:
Aluminum screen, bubble wrap, old bed sheets, laminated notebook paper, rabbit wire, chicken wire, aluminum foil, wax paper, WICKER!

yoothgeye said:
Plywood? What? I thought we'd already agreed on this!

yoothgeye said:
Aluminum screen, bubble wrap, old bed sheets, laminated notebook paper, rabbit wire, chicken wire, aluminum foil, wax paper, WICKER!

C'mon.....Can't you just be happy for me that I made some kind of decision??? :(

Are you going for the American Truckster look? :p

So, exactly how many bikes are in BO7 from the Mahoy Mafia???

Latest posts

Back