64 Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for kicks..My RatRod roots...My dearly beloved old mismatched Slingerlands!!
www.jpg

mCAR7BTKH.jpg

Got my dropback seatpost done,had to grind the seat frame for clearance....
64Gasser003-4.jpg

Got some white grips...
64Gasser001-3.jpg

Seeing what some apehangers look like for kicks...
64Gasser008-2.jpg

64Gasser006-2.jpg

I need a cablestop for my shifter,anyone know where to get one??

Also I know my chain is loose,I need a halflink to make it work.
I just had to give it a spin,I have my old chain soaking in vinegar...

The reason I was trying out apehangers is an idea I have...
I plan on making a wheelie bar out of that pile of frames I have in a picture
earlier in this thread...

I'm thinking of making a place to put drop bars on the wheelie bar so I can
ride to the dragstrip in comfort...Then once there put the "go fast" drop bars on...

Kind of a run what ya brung thing.......Stupid?????

Anyone have a skateboard truck and wheels they wanna get rid of?

I also need a cable stop for my shifter cable....

Also, thanks for the nice comments guys,I'm new to all this and having a great time getting to know you guys!!!

I'm having a blast!!!!

I think with the apes I need a front tire that matches the back......But then my whole Gasser bike theme would be gone...
Guess I could also mount my front race tire on the yet to be made wheelie bar along with the go fast drop bars....

My mind is going crazy!!!!!

Houndog said:
I think with the apes I need a front tire that matches the back......But then my whole Gasser bike theme would be gone...
Guess I could also mount my front race tire on the yet to be made wheelie bar along with the go fast drop bars....

My mind is going crazy!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ever have an idea that gave you 5 ideas?Then those ideas each give you 5 ideas...and so on...and so on...

I went to the bicycle boneyard here in the city today and dug up a makeshift shifter cable stop..
I'm still on the hunt for a better one..
I've never rode a 3spd hub bike before...Pretty darn cool!!!!!

I found a bike with a cool old raised white letter skinny tire on it,but when I dug
it out it was just too far gone....The hunt continues for an era correct looking front tire...

Now I need to get to working on wheelie bar..Not for riding wheelies mind you..
It's for the drag bike effect...Also the reason I set the seat back,for more "hooking up" action....

Also saw an old Firestone bike with a cool springer on it,now to save my $ for it...

Houndog said:
Just for kicks..My RatRod roots...My dearly beloved old mismatched Slingerlands!!
www.jpg

mCAR7BTKH.jpg
Like your build man. A fellow drummer. My music room used to be crowded (or so I thought) then a couple months ago I started building bikes. Now I'm tripping over fenders (the bike kind) to get to my Fenders (the guitar kind). Life is good!

Thanks for the nice comments guys..Means a lot to me,especially me being new to all this...
I do have a plan to use both sets of bars,I got some figuring to do...

Apestanger, i'm fortunate to have a music room and a small garage that my wife leaves alone.
She felt bad having her dresser repaint project in the garage this week..

Ok,I got a matching front tire..This is for comfort mode,for riding to he strip..
Next up is wheelie bar/trailer idea I''m brewing up...
Gonna be awhile before next update..
001-4.jpg

002-6.jpg

NICE WORK. DIGGING IT ALL. GET TA BUILDIN!! Peace

Peatbog said:
That number plate is a cool idea.

Thanks, I want to put more stickers on it,it's not easy finding the right size though...
Most for cars are too big..And I think the ones for models would be too small....

Latest posts

Back