63 Spaceliner Rearwheel question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So im doing a running resto on a good friends 1963 Spaceliner, its been garage kept its whole life it just needed a good deep clean and some elbow grease. Today i ran into the first issue, i broke down the whole rear wheel to give it a full scrub. Well IDK what the lacing pattern was. The front is just a basic over 3 no under and i think the rear is the same but when i built it that was the spokes had too much extra length. Anyone know the proper lacing pattern?? Thanks

I don't know anything about lacing patterns, but I have an original wheel I can get a pic if that'll help.

I hope these help
3bfe62780d019f9926b4e4b9b50d0738.jpg
d97e6d9bb916a62bd7f913f4a7323cd0.jpg

If they are too long it must have been a 4 cross pattern.

Just saw the pic.. see how close the spokes lay to the hub body? Thats 4 cross I'm almost sure. My redband is 3 cross and they are way further from the hub.

Thanks guys it was 4 over i sat at work since im bored and relaced it now i just gotta true it and she will be golden. I appreciate it
Take a picture of the finished product.
The whole bike, not just the wheel.

One last question for the night, does anyone have pictures of the guts from the spaceliner headlight. all the parts are here for this one i think but it dont see how the batteries hold in place or what size they are.

One last question for the night, does anyone have pictures of the guts from the spaceliner headlight. all the parts are here for this one i think but it dont see how the batteries hold in place or what size they are.
I'll get you pics tomorrow afternoon.
I think it takes D batteries, I've never tested mine. But all the old horns and lights I have are D cell.

Steel. However, this strap serves 2 purposes. It is an electrical circuit which connects the positive tip of one D battery to the negative base of another D battery in series to provide 3 volts DC . It also has to be springy to tuck into the latching slot on the side. So you want a low electrical resistance material . I have used a Radio Shack 2 D cell holder in a Spaceliner connected to original light. Have to cut the high square corners off the plastic cell holder to conform to the inside of the Spaceliner tank.

Steel. However, this strap serves 2 purposes. It is an electrical circuit which connects the positive tip of one D battery to the negative base of another D battery in series to provide 3 volts DC . It also has to be springy to tuck into the latching slot on the side. So you want a low electrical resistance material . I have used a Radio Shack 2 D cell holder in a Spaceliner connected to original light. Have to cut the high square corners off the plastic cell holder to conform to the inside of the Spaceliner tank.
Ok i ordered a battery box from amazon to put in there, When it comes to wiring it up do i just add one line in with the 2 brown wires and the other one with the white wire? So its 3 in one wire nut and 2 in the other?

Since this is a new topic in a thread which is titled Rear Wheel, may I suggest starting a new thread on wiring lights ? More people will that have knowledge on this subject will become aware of the discussion.

Latest posts

Back