• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

60s Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reluctantly listing my Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer. Im not sure on the year, but I'm guessing mid 60s. Very neat and fairly complete bike with lots of character. The whole bike has been gone through, cleaned and regreased.

image.jpeg

The chrome on the frame isn't the best and it had been spray painted silver at some point. I had started to clean it slightly with an SOS pad, but it could still use some oven cleaner or something in the harder to reach spots. Newer tires and tubes, still have great tread and barely have any miles on them. The wheels are straight, true, and spin great, but chrome on them isn't perfect either.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The tank and rack are in great shape, and have excellent patina with the original pinstripes. Tank has the buttons and control panel, and is in decent shape, however it's missing the battery tray and lights.
The reason for the chain tensioner is because the fenders are just barely big enough to fit the large tires, and where the rear wheel fits without rubbing, the chain is too long, or too short if I take a link out. A change of tires and it won't need the tensioner.

image.jpeg

Asking $375 shipped OBO to the lower 48.
If you have any questions or would like more pictures, You're welcome to PM me or email me at [email protected].
Thank you for your time, Duncan.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back