'60 Jag! 100% DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '60 Jag! Now with Tank!

Bike looks tuff with the big tires! :D

Kenji hooked me up with this original paint fork I've been looking for, been searching for over a year for one. It's rare to find a non caliper brake mount fork with the long pinstripes, especially in original paint black like I needed. The one I painted and had striped was ok and worked for the time being, but I always want the real deal. The dropouts on this fork are 1/4" higher than the old fork, shoving the Fat Frank even higher up into the fender. It just barely clears.
Not many people give middleweights the credit they deserve. I love them, and this is why:
mageryre.jpg

You can't get tires to fit in a ballon frame like this, at least not without a lot of custom work. There's 1/4" gap right there, just enough to clear the fender bolt head in the fork.

It started to rain again after I took this, so that's the only shot I got. I've got another big (to me) upgrade this weekend, I'll snap some more pics then.

Thanks all, I really do love this bike! I tried to not like Schwinn's when I first got into bikes, but I kept coming back to them. I'm really excited for what's coming in the mail tomorrow, hopefully today!

What I've been waiting for... An original paint Mark IV Jaguar tank and horn that I probably paid way too much for... It's gorgeous though, I couldn't resist.
ytapa8y7.jpg

Love this shot, lots to look at here
4uve5u3e.jpg

The business end
8aba7eba.jpg

The lighting sucks today, still overcast. And the bike is filthy!

This bike is DONE!

Bike is a real gem.....just enough attitude without being overboard. 8)

Everything is just right and those big Fat Franks stuffed up into the fenders are perfect. :D

Re: '60 Jag!

Xcruiser said:
Noticed you liked early 60's Corvettes so I thought I'd toss up some pics of the 60' I just finished for the heck of it.

WOW I haven't seen flat bars on a Corv before and dang if it doesn't look hot! And great use of fork darts.

GTV said:
What I've been waiting for... An original paint Mark IV Jaguar tank and horn that I probably paid way too much for... It's gorgeous though, I couldn't resist.

This bike is DONE!

Super cool. I've been watching many tanks on ebay, seems the prices are right up there. I have a 63 Corvette I can't decide if a tank is a good idea or not.

I just moved to Seattle this summer. Who else is here?
186378e355de2327becce02c4552da57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back