60' corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as found
1960corvette001.jpg

Day after bringing it home,trial and error of parts just to basically get a feel of it before new wheels,tires and whatever else gets added as it goes along.
1960corvette005.jpg

trying to recycle old parts as much as possible

Looking good! What did you use for a neck and bars?

first (with plenty of water for lube) I use a typical blue SOS type steel wool scouring pad.Then buffing wheel on grinder if necessary.SOS (make sure they have the blue powdery stuff) dont even harm old enamel paint in my experience if used with caution.I used them on the paint of my 1953 starlet to remove stuck on brown attic muck and then waxed--you can comb your hair in the finish its so glossy.
I use the cheapos from Dollar General as they seem less abrasive.
pads.jpg

Some might have a heart attack and assume the pads will ruin paint.So ill post this.The angle of the shot doesnt show how super glossy it is ,but close enough to show my point.
I used them on every inch of the bikes paint as it was stained brown badly.
schwinn-1.jpg

Cool!

Can I see a close up of the pinstriping on the seatpost?
What did you do with the handlebar from the first pic, is it for sale? :roll:

Cheers

just got back from a trip to Kentucky(sorry for delay).Ill post photos of the pinstripe in a bit.I dont think i have any plans for the bars but Im not sure,let me see if they would clean up nice enough for you to use.I think they will.
pinstripecorvette002.jpg

Latest posts

Back