5th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (More Photos & Video Added!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday, September 27th Riggs Park, Haysville, Kansas
Come Talk, View and Ride, Kustom, Antique and Unusual Bicycles.
$1 Raffle To Win A New Cruiser Bicycle!
Ratfink1962 (aka Grillmaster Mitch) will be cooking up Free BBQ and Hot Dogs.
2 categories for People's Choice competition. Classic and Kustom. Winners receive the coveted "People's Choice" trophy.
The 7 person Conference Bike will be at the festival giving rides and accepting donations for the Kyle Hicks fund
Skid and Limbo contests always a great time.
Festival T-Shirts.
Music by Accent Mobile Music
Door prizes from local bike shops, Atomic Zombie, the Coasters Bicycle Club and a lot more.

More Info At http://MidwestBicycleFest.com

2009_bike_fest_poster_small.jpg

Re: 5th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest

I'm counting the days, the fest is always a great time. Its going to be a busy two weekends with the fest on the 27th and my swap the next sunday.

Re: 5th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Door Prizes)

Here's some of what we have for door prizes so far...

Coasters Bicycle Club shirt
26" Electra Hotster tires
26" red tires
Pedals
Grips
Headlight
Tail light
Bike polish
His and Her bicycle print underwear
Bike socks
Bike lock
Handlebar cup holder
Framed old Roadmaster bicycle ad
Basket with a nice fabric liner
Seat dust covers
2 Fat Tire bicycle bells
Cruisers book
2 Metal bicycle wall hangings
Atomic Zombie shirts and hat
Atomic Zombie book

Re: 5th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Raffle Bike)

Today I assembled the bike we'll be raffling off for $1 a chance. I'm having a hard time leaving it as is though.
The first year we had no bike. 2nd year was a new bike. 3rd and 4th year were custom bikes.
2009_raffle_bike.jpg

This Sunday!

Event Schedule

* 10:00am (all day): Bicycles will be on display. View and ride bikes. Talk with other enthusiasts.

* 10:00am - 2:00pm: Vote for your favorite bike. Two classes. Classic and Kustom.

* 11:30pm: Skid Contest.

* 12:00pm: Let's Eat! Grillmaster Mitch serving up Free Hot Dogs & BBQ

* 1:00pm: Bicycle Limbo.

* 2:30pm: Door Prize drawings. Peoples Choice voting ends. Ballots will be counted and the award(s) will be presented.

* 3:30pm: Get on your bikes and ride! Everyone is encouraged to join in on this short Parade ride.

* 4:00pm: See ya next year!

The pork butts have been smokin for the last 14 hours and man oh man is it smellin good around here. Got a huge pan of baked beans on the smoker too. I dont think there's gonna be any leftovers!! :mrgreen:

All the food sounds great.
I'm as ready as I'll ever be I suppose.
In addiction to the 2 trophies we always give out there will be a 3rd new one this year and it's cool! Find out tomorrow.
Also I don't think I mentioned we have a bunch of Kickstand magazines to give out.
IMG_9093.jpg

My room's been a mess getting everything gathered up and put together. The garage also.
IMG_9090.jpg

Randy, Great show yesterday, My wife 's first time at midwest bike fest and she said she had a good time looking at all of the bikes and talking to everyone.

There is an ad on the Vinage Bicycle Ads here on RatRod that looks like the bike that everyone was tring to guess. It's a Western Auto's 1937 Motto bike. I found it about halfway down on the first page.

Hope to see the Coasters at the Paddlers swap meet next weekend, we'll have as much fun as we did in Haysville.
Let someone here know if you are coming up the night before and we can get in a pub ride in like we have had in the past.

dos cruiser said:
Randy, Great show yesterday, My wife 's first time at midwest bike fest and she said she had a good time looking at all of the bikes and talking to everyone.

There is an ad on the Vinage Bicycle Ads here on RatRod that looks like the bike that everyone was tring to guess. It's a Western Auto's 1937 Motto bike. I found it about halfway down on the first page.

Hope to see the Coasters at the Paddlers swap meet next weekend, we'll have as much fun as we did in Haysville.
Let someone here know if you are coming up the night before and we can get in a pub ride in like we have had in the past.
Thanks. Glad you all had a good time.
We're planning on coming up but don't know about anyone else.

The 5th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest was a great success. Probably our largest turn out yet. Details here.
Photos of bikes here.
Video... Enjoy my colorful commentary :roll:

Here's just a few of photos...
Trophies. New category this year. Grillmaster's Choice - Ratrod. It's the flamed trophy and was made by Ratfink1962. Cool!
IMG_9098.JPG

Winner of People's Choice Kustom class.
IMG_4757.JPG

Winners of raffle bike.
IMG_4761.JPG

Winner of Grillmaster's Choice - Ratrod.
IMG_4759.JPG

Conference bike raising money for Kyle Hicks a kid with this horrendous skin disease. The owner of the bike was a real trooper giving rides all day long and sometimes with only kids as his passengers so not a lot of pedaling help.
IMG_4745.JPG

Lowride Limbo.
IMG_9191.JPG

Special built bike for Skid Row contest.
IMG_9163.JPG

Winner of People's Choice - Classic along with our prize girl.
IMG_9212.JPG

Ratfink1962 and his Rolling Smoke rigg. Also a swing bike he made behind him.
IMG_9218.JPG

aka_locojoe said:
dos cruiser said:

Thanks. Glad you all had a good time.
We're planning on coming up but don't know about anyone else.

I will be in the neighborhood, and will try to stop by. Depends on if we are tailgating at the Chief's game or not. Wont have a lot of time, but Ill try to make it.

Latest posts

Back