'59 Kolumbia Klunker..Test ride...and DONE !!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Which one to build???Light,Middle or Heavy weight?

Hands down, the CWC Roadmaster
Good luck

I agree the Roadmaster, awsome bike.

Thanks for the votes!!!!!!! I am so torn..I love the Road Master, it looks real tough and I dig the red seat and grips.. but the Speed Master looks so simple and nimble..would be a great bike to zip around town and it is way different from any other bike I own and also the oldest I own...OHHHHHHHHH :cry: Decisions Decisions....(maybe that will be that name of the one I choose)
Thanks

bebopblu said:
Thanks for the votes!!!!!!! I am so torn..I love the Road Master, it looks real tough and I dig the red seat and grips.. but the Speed Master looks so simple and nimble..would be a great bike to zip around town and it is way different from any other bike I own and also the oldest I own...OHHHHHHHHH :cry: Decisions Decisions....(maybe that will be that name of the one I choose)
Thanks

Both. Just figure out which one is best suited for the August deadline, then start the other.

hmm.. well, I have to say I love the leighweight, and since so few get entered, might give you an edge ( or a hinderance, lol ).
I'd be more likely to vote for that one.

however, I would like to see the middleweight done, too - but have a biased / ulterior motive, as I have the twin, same color and all, that I could use ideas to steal :)

Do the Speed Master 8)

Roadmaster! I guess I'm partial to fat tire CWC's.

Thanks for the comments..In the end all three will be built and posted in the build section...I am still undecided but now it is between the two CWCs..I will post the Columbia build in the build section but it will have to take a backseat to the bike that gets committed to the build off.

Normally, I'm a sucker for middleweights (especially the swoopy Jet Age cantilevers) but I've gotta go with the heavy for this one. Maybe if you had a cantilever bike in the mix I'd feel differently... ;-)

bebopblu said:
Well thanks for all the nice comments and a special thanks to the member that remembered my build from last year! I have decided to go with the 53 CWC Road Master...it is calling me :) I am going to call it "Decisions..Decisions" because I am going to have many to ponder and make during this build. I have a few ideas now but I had a few last year and the build turned out totally different..
This bike was originally green and has been repainted black and white. I really like the red seat and grips and notice that the badge is also Black and White and Red....And as a strange coincidence the Rat Rad Bikes build off #8 t-shirt is also a Black and White and Red CWC Road Master looking bike :shock: :shock: So maybe build the t-shirt bike??? or has that already been done??
I think you are the first, +1 for that idea, i'd love to see it.

Re: Decisions..Decisions 53 CWC Roadmaster

Just ordered a t-shirt for a closer look at the bike...seriously thinking of building that bike but with a few modifications

Brentley said:
bebopblu said:
Well thanks for all the nice comments and a special thanks to the member that remembered my build from last year! I have decided to go with the 53 CWC Road Master...it is calling me :) I am going to call it "Decisions..Decisions" because I am going to have many to ponder and make during this build. I have a few ideas now but I had a few last year and the build turned out totally different..
This bike was originally green and has been repainted black and white. I really like the red seat and grips and notice that the badge is also Black and White and Red....And as a strange coincidence the Rat Rad Bikes build off #8 t-shirt is also a Black and White and Red CWC Road Master looking bike :shock: :shock: So maybe build the t-shirt bike??? or has that already been done??
I think you are the first, +1 for that idea, i'd love to see it.

The shirt is based off of Terry66's Western Flyer Jet Tanker. One of my favorite builds ever.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67936&hilit=+western+flyer

Another CWC in the mix can't hurt.

Terry's bike is a Murray frame with a CWC springer, and a great looking bike.

Thanks so much for the link to Terrys build..I will then use that and the t-shirt bike as inspiration for my build and then modify to make it my own and original.. ahhhh Decisions..Decisions :?

Latest posts

Back