'54 Jag...Finally, an UPDATE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since I quit the buildoff,
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=41296&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=54+jag , I've been taking my time on the build ( I'm lazy). So not much has gotten done within these last few weeks. But I did manage the clean up the wheels, and replace the freewheel, tires, and tubes. They look so good I decided they're post worthy so here they are...
wheels.jpg

The new freewheel looks better than the old bent up one beside it.
And I really like the Schwinn Brick knockoffs.
wheels1.jpg

I still haven't got around to clearing the frame because I'm having some trouble with pinstriping the fork, and the paint on the chainguard sucks so I had to sand it down and paint it again. Now I'm waiting for it to dry to see if its ready for the decals.

Re: '54 Jag (moved from buildoff#6)

I haven't done anything different to the frame yet. Just re-posting these pics to show how far I am on the build. I got tired of my post just having pics of the wheels. I'm going to get pics of the chainguard Friday.
thirdcoat.jpg

thirdcoat2.jpg

jaguardecal.jpg

jaguardecal3.jpg

jaguardecal2.jpg

Hey KickBackBikes,

Glad to see you working on it again.
I really enjoyed it during the RRBoff6.

I agree with xddorox, the paint looks great 8)
It's seems almost iridescent,
and the decals accent it nicely

Good Luck

Wow. That looks great. Keep the pictures coming.

At your pace of course. ;)

Nice choice of colour and the decals look great.

Got one question for you, how do you keep your walls so clean when you're spraying paint?

Looking forward to seeing this done, no pressure though.

Cheers Jonnie

i like the those tires man they look nice with thats brick tread ...you bought them on line or LBS ???
and i agree the color choice with the white decals does look real sharp.

druggedonions said:
Nice choice of colour and the decals look great.

Got one question for you, how do you keep your walls so clean when you're spraying paint?

Looking forward to seeing this done, no pressure though.

Cheers Jonnie
Maybe there is a special paint on the walls? Or the paint is very heavy and it falls to the floor. :wink:

KickBackCycles said:
Maybe there is a special paint on the walls? Or the paint is very heavy and it falls to the floor. :wink:

If it is special paint, where can I buy some? I want to put some on my walls so when the kids start throwing food around it doesn't stick. :)

BTW The paint on the chaingaurd etc. really looks nice. You get a better idea in the close ups. Great choice.

Cheers Jonnie

NICE PAINT RATTER!! SO IS THAT THE CHAINGUARD I NEED FOR MY JAGUAR?!? CHECK IT OUT IT'S IN THE BUILDS SECTION. PEACE

ratcycle said:
Your shop looks to clean and orgniazed. U ocd, I like ur shop setup.
That's not my shop. Its my dads classroom, there's a paintbooth I use there at his school.
And my "shop" is my garage and basement (for when its hot). I wish they were half as organized as that place!
I thought the decals turned out pretty good on the chainguard. Since this bike is the first time I've used them. And I still have to pinstripe which will hopefully turn out good. I haven't pinstriped before either. I hope I don't ruin it.

that paint looks so beautiful! I wish my paint would turnout that good! have fun :D

I tried pinstriping today on the chainguard. I used that tape where you peel up the center to make a stencil. It works ok but it looks too perfect and the lines are a little jagged from peeling it up. Since it looked bad I decided to hand stripe the rest. And it doesn't look that bad so I'll mask the decals, sand and paint on the old stripes than I'll do it again. It also makes me feel a lot better because the Schwinn factory pinstripes weren't perfect either.
ImageFetch.ashx

It'll add another week or two to the build and school is starting soon so I don't have much free time to waste! :(

Re: '54 Jag Update!

Well its about 6 months since my last post on this topic so I thought it was about time for an update. :roll:
I have since clear coated, polished, and waxed the frame. I also got a few new parts like bearings, etc...
Since the headset is new too the gooseneck I was planning to use doesn't fit, so the one in the pic is just to
hold the bars. And for some reason the paint looks like a gray in the picture, probably the lighting. But after
it is completely together I'll get a nice shot of it out in the sunlight. So here you go...
I'm almost there! :D
jagnew2.jpg

Latest posts

Back