52 Monark General...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone!

It's been a few years since I've been on here and I recently rekindled the old bike love in part to trolling around on here again. So, I started scouring CL for a new project... Much to my surprise!!! I came across a Monark General that I had my eyes on a few years ago that ended up in a fellow RRBers hands.

So I picked it up. From what I gathered from his thread, It came out of a cabin up north and is a 1952 model.

After getting it home and starting to disassemble the General, I can give you a shorter list of parts that are not bent or rusted solid.

The seat post is still giving me a hard time.

With all of the bent or broken parts and then scouring the forums and ebay for replacements... I decided on picking up a donor.

I will still have to get a dogleg crankset to replace the badly bent original set. I did manage to straighten out the original chainring.

a3fdc3808155210ea221ff7474d328b9.jpg

I found a different donor that I feel less bad about tearing down. I was really wanting to keep the ladies Rocket untouched.

It even had the dogleg cranks that I was after. but what I am really excited about are the New Departure blackout hubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a proper tank with improper graphics but it gets the job done and the horn works! A few more OG parts to track down.

*please excuse the crappy upside down photo. She's in the rafters for the winter.
b8498fb39ce75498912dfd17cce5700a.jpg

Looking good so far!
Thanks for getting the second donar the first was really way too nice.

It is. I'm feeling the same way about this tank...

Looking good so far :thumbsup:

I got a different chain guard and it was nice out today so I pulled the Monark down from the rafters. I'm in need of some truss rods if anyone has any.
8256a9b4119b51ef688658c021ac5c0c.jpg

Latest posts

Back