1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

50's Custom

Discussion in 'KLUNKER BUILD OFF' started by rusty513, Oct 28, 2008.

1. rusty513

rusty513

So I've decided to hack up the Monark. Has anyone ever cut (the green spots) these areas on a bike & taken some tube out at the top to rotate the back of the bike up so it sits lower in the rear & gives it that 50's led sled look?? Not sure how it's going to work but wanna try it.
    [​IMG]

2. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

3. spudz

spudz

dont trash that bike......sell it to me first.

4. cman

cman Moderator

Just cut the top green spot then bend back like Randy describes in his link for a frame chop. Nice bike.

5. rusty513

rusty513

I don't have any pics yet but we cut out 1.5" at the top & bent the rear of the bike up & welded it back & also cut the top of the tube off where the seat goes. Now the question is to run a 24" rim with 3" wide tire & bobbed fender or a 24" wheel & connect 2 fenders to make a fender that wraps around the tire in the rear & I'm going to run a 26" wheel on the front.

6. GTCOMA

GTCOMA

Here is a 24" 26" combo on that same frame (unchopped) My front forks are shorter too.

[​IMG]

7. necessaryevil

necessaryevil

So is it going to be like a klunker/ lowrider mix? That would definitely be different from the other builds.

8. rusty513

rusty513

NOT A LOWRIDER, ha ha!!!! More of a 50's style bobber maybe? Not sure, I know it's going to be satin white with Metallic green.

9. SkidMark

SkidMark

A RAT ROD perhaps?

A bobber frame would not be cut. Then it would be a chopper. (sorry can't stay quiet about this anymore)

10. rusty513

rusty513

Well what ever you wanna call it. Hopefully it will look cool

11. rusty513

rusty513

Got the back end chopped & started sanding.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. GTCOMA

GTCOMA

what's you plan for the seatpost?

13. rusty513

rusty513

Chad's going to make a seat pan like he has on his grey bike.

14. rusty513

rusty513

Got the frame, tank & springer in primer. I've never been so undecided on a paint scheme & I also ordered the 24" x 3" white wall for the rear. I have NO IDEA what direction I'm headed with this thing now.
    [​IMG]

15. GTCOMA

GTCOMA

I'm sure you'll come up with something cool. My iPod is chopping off the front of the picture. Any plans for the front fork? Were you able to find a rear wheel yet?

16. rusty513

rusty513

I'm going to use the original springer forks & I found a 24" rim at Don's Hobby for $29 & it's only about 15 minutes from home.

17. rusty513

rusty513

Put the 24" x 3" white wall on the back & a 26" x 2.125 up front. Just wanted to see how it looked. Now it's time to take it apart, wet sand & paint, that is if it gets a little warmer out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. 41DX

41DX

That fork is awesome....
    Great looking bike

19. rusty513

rusty513

Got most of the bike painted satin white. It's too cold to paint now so I'm not sure if this will be done in time so I thought I'd just put some of it together. My plans are to paint the wheels satin black & then have the forks transparent blue with transparent blue flames onto the tank.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. rusty513

rusty513

I guess I read a little to late as to what a klunker is. I'm a big dummy,ha ha!!! I guess this bike should just be in the regular build section.