50 stylish cruiser/boardtracker build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your technical skills are without a doubt incredible. Your design and styling skills as well. I can safely assume you customized the wild lead sled classic car in the photo. Awesome also! I like that your car and your bike have matching paint schemes.

Maybe you have a link you can share on how you built your car? It looks very interesting as well as extremely cool. Are there car clubs and car shows in your area too?

It's crazy to think that old 50's american style customization has been adopted world-wide. Just like originally traditional american south west lowriders are hugely popular in Japan and other countries. I know there's a big Rock-a-billy sub culture in Norway that loves that cool american hot rod 50's era. That's very cool!

Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks, EastOfEastLos! Nearly to much....but i appreciates all comments, at least the positive ones! ha,ha!

Yes, my car has been a rolling project for approx. 20 years....with new ideas tested out, with some years just standing in storage...
All ideas & building done by myself.... what i couldnt do...i learned to do!
A couple of years ago, ihad to decide if just to dig it down....or dig it on road...chanced on the last one! lot of work, lot of fun!!
More about the car is here: http://leaded.sitesled.com/
Im also in the board of one of the local carclubs, (3 ones in neighborhood) The culture you mentioned is getting quite big over here now...but how many who really have feelings about it, or just hangs on the trend.....trhats something else! But its cheaper to buy an orginal 100% restored car from the mid 30s, than one with flat black, and hopped driveline....

And im keeping up.....for the rest of my life, im gonna roll the way ive done so far.....Thanks again for the great comments!

Wow, it's awesome you love that style so much and are self taught on customizing cars and bikes. I had no idea classic old chevrolets and similar were available in countries like Norway. If you ever had the chance to come to the U.S., you definitely would need to see as many car shows as you could and meet the old timer customizers that still create wild custom cars as well as the younger guys that learned from the old timers.

Have fun working on your projects!

Tanks again,EastOffEastLos!
Well the rockabilly/kustom car scene have grown quite big in the scandinavian country's the last 5-10 years. If you check on youtube, at : A-bombers, (Sweden) you would find a lot of norwegians there.Coupe Devils Bonanza (Norway) started just a few years ago, but has grown pretty big now! But as always the Fords & Mercurys are more of interests, because some difficulty by laws, with changing to a modified engine (to V8) But its a lot of Chevys going around, pretty nice customized too..
Car shows...yeah ,i know! Following up a lot at forums, and have been visiting some....
I´ve met some of the greatest ones, and still have contact with a few.. 8)

Well, after some time,i´ve been driving a little with my chainsaw engine... but this got me some trouble... first, i know i need to change it out, our laws dont make this legit to use a s a vintage licensed bike. Other, the clutch aint good enough! To little, and get easily worn out., and that crankhousing aint so strong.... breaked off in a run, and dumpster next!
Did buy another old unknown engine from germany, belived to be a possible old Peugeot engine, but seemed to be an mid -60s AML, who does make it legalized by the laws.
Now the engine is mounted, and a similar setup as a Peugeot/Motobecane, with an extra drivepulley, possible to lock/unlock for pedaling or engine use. This also give the possibility to pedalstart it. The bike is now completed, and runs quite fair!

Thanks to all for the great comments, and the forum for ideas, tips,etc.!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for positive comments to you all! I appreciate it a lot, always great to hear what other says, even if its the owner/builder who decides, and does how he wants it!

Regards, and have a nice week!

do it easy....dump her, and find another one who allow it......! (and please dont show this to her, i ain´t gonna get my head smacked, and i rather believe you dont either...)
he,he. I´m singel for the moment, so........it´s a reason it goes!

MadMax the lights are cutted to fit the sideprofile of the tank, and at each other,then soldered together and stuck to the "headtube" by a ringclamp.
Thanks, bon great you liked it!

Regards

Thanks, raggedjim..... but it was just an ordinary old half wrecked bicycle on a barn, this too. Imagination and some planning, testing did it, every can! Keep up!

Latest posts

Back