50 stylish cruiser/boardtracker build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gdcast said:
I´m still in shock! the bike is amazing, and what you´re starting there with the engine... you are definitely an outstanding builder Sir!

He,he. Thanks a lot .
I had an idea, and did some computer picture changes on the original cycle... and came up with my plan.
A lot of fun, and as i understand from boardmembers, friends & other lookers, it seems i made something a lot of people found great! That´s much appreciated !!
The build have been quite forward, and experiences from earlyer on car customizing helped a lot. Of course the tools thats in the garage from former work did helpe doing things a lot easier.

I seen forward to take a motorized ride, for sure it gonna be fun, but i also know it has to have some limits....how good its gonna be to go? i dont know, but as a stillstanding item it at least will be great...... :mrgreen:

project rolls on......
42481d1322173002-50s-style-first-build-b0023.jpg

engine attached:

43146d1324072656-50s-style-first-build-b0028.jpg

43140d1324021861-50s-style-first-build-b0025.jpg

Gdcast said:
Looking great!!! :wink:

Glad you liked it.... shocks cooling down? he,he! Last effort, and perhaps a testride in Christmas time, if snow arent laying on the road......(as now)

Funny how your "chineese" on your blog seems quite similar to my original.... 8)

dvnport said:
im glad to see you are building it in what looks to be your living room. love it lol

Me too.... at least, some of my living parts... called mens private/Tv/2nd living room. At least i could relax with my things there, without been thrown out.....Nice heated, relaxed surroundings, Garage & tools behind the wall, tv/movie/music , bar & coffeemaker inside room, and every other ones upstairs.... :D

Did some testing today.....It aint´t loud.....it SCREAMS!! 12000rpm at straight pipe with pressed fidhtail end wasnt good enough!
Have to do some noiseremoval, or for sure the neighbors and everyone ells, gonna get me to jail......soundpullotion!

Did fix a beltguard from a parts of a old DBS chainguard, in fact quite similar as the original chainguard.Gonna use the similar style on the flywheel > jackshaft - chainguard, on the other side too.

43346d1324595549-50s-style-first-build-b0030.jpg

You have made a lot of progress and the cycle is looking fantastic!

Charles said:
You have made a lot of progress and the cycle is looking fantastic!

Thanks a lot! always great to hear what other says about your builds. Last parts are in mail now, also another motor.... hopefully a testdrive soon!

The end is near.......he,he!

Driveline finished with chain from jackshaft 10T sprocket to 54T sprocket on the rear wheel. Suzuki 50cc parts did it an easy job....420 chain, fabricated chaintensioner with KTM roller tensioner on the chainstay. Rear sprocket boltet against spokes/hubegde rubberized between! Also with the tensioner on this place, the chain dont intefere with the chainstay, and it needed no extra reworking/bending.
43749d1325703291-chainsaw-frame-build-chained_01.jpg

43747d1325702990-50s-style-first-build-chained_02.jpg

dis some shopping on German Ebay and get a couple of tacho´s
Heres the NOS unused VDO, as i remebered it from my own youth at the late 60s. Also found a Veglia similar type complete with all drie stuff:
43746d1325702970-50s-style-first-build-vdotach.jpg

AT least, got the missing parts from US!!! Tires was great........nearly, didnt know sizing was measured outside, and ordered wrong ones....!!! :(
I needed some (650b) 26 x 2 x 2 1/2 (54-584) who got the 584 diam....and bought 559s!
Does anybody know of a brand/company selling theese in whitewall?

Rest of the parts fitted straight on!

Thanks a lot!!! Supposed to be finished in a couple of days...but that was before the tire subject came on!
Did get some luck, contacted a vintage bicycle shop in the country, and he had a set of what i wanted!!!!!! Its in the mail! 8) 8) 8)

When the build is quite near the end!!! Last essential parts are on, some minors, as double instruments tacho/watch, one ignition switch.. are still awaiting.
But ready for firing, and a small testdrive tomorrow, if the snow & ice dont stop me!
attachment.php

Well, still make some testrunning!! Reached easy 30MPH this day! Just have to do a lot of checking nuts & bolts.....even the screws holding faceplate inside speedo, loosened!
But a h**** of fun!
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back