'50 CWC - Done 4/6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this 1950 CWC built bike from mikesbikes36 a few weeks ago. Heres what it looked like when I got it (it had all modern parts, only frame/fork/tank/guard were original)

2012-03-04133007.jpg

stripped all the crap parts off and started throwing some parts at it.

Wanted to use these 24x3 tires I've had laying around for 4 years unused. I had 2 rear 24" wheels, a schwinn s-2 and an unmarked with an ever older new departure model d. relaced it to a front hub and threw them on

2012-03-12112427.jpg

2012-03-12112448.jpg

2012-03-12133839.jpg

2012-03-13163101.jpg

Found some cool looking bars that I want to extend another 5" and a nice drop stem

starting to look like an old motorcycle

Was going to recover the seat but I had the same one in white.

Schwinn 5 speed mag and 1970 diamond shaped schwinn crank.

unlaced and painted the rims ivory, swapped the tank for the one on my Hiawatha, just scuffed it up and left it rustic, same with the bars.

and...FINISHED!

2012-03-24130308.jpg

2012-03-24130253.jpg

Built in less than a week

Re: '50 CWC

Skipton said:
Man those CWC's are sooo cool!

Ben you did a great job with the build. I have seen the bike in person, And it looks even more Tough when Ben is riding it! :mrgreen:

and the horn sounds and looks cool :wink:

Thanks man! Had a blast on the ride!

Mr. Kool said:
Wow!!! Perfection to my eyes!!!!!!! (maybe just tires a bit too modern looking for me) Thanks a lot for the pics.

What are the stem/ grips/ handle bars?????

Thanks! Still thinking about the antique white Felt thick bricks that are on clearance but can't justify it right now.

The stem might be an old schwinn road bike stem. Bars and grips have been in the parts bin forever, not sure what they are off of

I agree with the others,looks great as is.I have the same bike,branded Hiawatha with the ribbed tank/chainguard that's begging to be built up.I hope you don't mind if I borrow this look,but twisted into my own style.How much clearance do you have around the tires?Speaking of tires,you could always get the tires on clearance and leave them laying around for 3 years and build something else this cool :idea: Nicely done :!:

Circa Cycles said:
I agree with the others,looks great as is.I have the same bike,branded Hiawatha with the ribbed tank/chainguard that's begging to be built up.I hope you don't mind if I borrow this look,but twisted into my own style.How much clearance do you have around the tires?Speaking of tires,you could always get the tires on clearance and leave them laying around for 3 years and build something else this cool :idea: Nicely done :!:

Go for it! Rear tire is a little tight just make sure your rim is true. Front has plenty of room

I'm still thinking about buying them for something else. Not going to change a thing on this bike.

If you don't want the chainwheel that came on it, I'm looking for one like that. :wink:

=O Love it ! I wouldn't change a thing on it !!

Re: '50 CWC - New Pics 4/1

dogdart said:
Nice job , and great pics , is that rear tire low , or are ya gettin ready for a holeshot :?: :wink:

I ran something over after the ride last week :x Brand new tube, got a whole hours use out of it. I haven't had time to order a new one yet, but I had the bike out so I thought I'd snap some pics.

Latest posts

Back