"43" The Richard Petty Plymouth tribute

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
O.K. fellow builders, here's my entry for the 6th buildoff.
I think the title says it all.
But I will give it my own twist.
the bike;
100_2595.jpg

The inspiration;
67petty.jpg

RichardPettyRoadrunner.jpg

plymouthred.jpg

The colors will be blue and some red for the bike.

allthough I haven't seen a Petty car with redliners, I thought they would suit the bike;
tires.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That is gonna be awesome :D

I'm a big fan of themed bikes. Last year I did an Ed Roth "Themed" bike and had a great time doing it. Good luck man!

Ah...
when you mentioned 'an American hero build' I immediately thought of Evel Knievel... Richard Petty comes as a surprise. A nice one. Those awesome 43's just have to be a great inspirationsource. Did the guy also ran some Chargers? Or am I mixing up some things. I just watched an old episode of Dukes of Hazzard... (re-run on RTL7 :wink: )

Good luck with this build, and have fun!

Big NASCAR fan here......Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

1st mock-up!!
Afb017.jpg

Don't wanna do another boardtrack style bike, so I didn't flip the handlebars but I will cut them down as short as possible.
Gotta have speed 8) so I will go for the mtb set up of a front and rear derailler, wich will give me 18 speed with this rearwheel.
parts I still need to obtain are an adapter for the bb, and a fenderset to mess-up.
I want to make a tank or insert of some kind to put the # "43" on.
Also I want to add some sheetmetal or something to put some more stickers on.

About those stickers, if you have some of the stickers as shown on the cars pm me and I wil try and trade you something for them.
But consider the size here, it's for a bicycle!! I'm thinking I can fit anything around 1" height easy.
must have STP and Goodyear at least!!!

I'm having a blast allready!!

Today I found out that the guy's who broke in to my garage, stole my welder and equipment and my brandnew VW gearbox also took about 8 spraycans including the ones for this build.
Really sick and tired of the town I live in right now.........

hope to have some time to buy new paint and come up with some progress soon!

If your going to put more sheets of metal than just a tankplate considder larger stickers and lettering as an option. As if the sheetmetal parts are actually pieces of one of the cars itself. Maybe scaled down a little bit, but keeping the cut-off lettering. Just hints of the original sponsors.

For right size stickers you could always have em cut in vinyl. (or have it lettered by the missus :wink: )

Btw, I saw an awesome Petty-esque Plymouth drive by while I was painting in the streets of Eindhoven. Don't know if it was a real replica but it had the color, the number, the sponsorlogo's, and the open exhausts and the sound to boot. There are a few 60's inspired nascar machines running around in ehv... 8)

Hey,

I hear ya Rudi, I'm planning on using an stp, champion, and some others that are quite easy to get here.
I'm also using some that I got from Tommytwotime, and Sixgun "Bicycles are everywhere", both on RRB,
and some other stuff I have laying around.

Got some updates, been working on the tank, got some sheets of aluminium to fabricate the panels
and changed the handlebars and fork. Making the tank from wood again, to keep weight down,
I hollowed the inner 2 layers.
nieuw002.jpg

The tank layers clamped together the smaller cut outs are to keep the wood safe from clampdamage.
nieuw003.jpg

the handlebars and fork on.
nieuw004.jpg

Also put the new bb and new chainwheel on.
nieuw005.jpg

And put on the deraillers.

LOOKING GOOD!! GOOD IMAGINATION....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Latest posts

Back