'41 Walco Badged Schwinn pair with paperwork.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
First off these bikes are in killer shape.

Finally changed the thread title. Although there is evidence that point in two different directions. I'm going with what the serial numbers say.

Frames are '41 and hubs are late '41.

I'm calling them '41's

On the paperwork the both dates of purchase is Feb 9, '42.

This was the Walthour Hood Co. (WALCO) Sporting Goods Pryor St.

8u5y7y5y.jpg

4yhazahu-1.jpg

ary4u8as-1.jpg

e2a5yqu3-1.jpg

ze3yreva-1.jpg

eby6a9uv-1.jpg

pynahe6e-1.jpg

e6atuva9-1.jpg

eze5yjy6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Very Nice! (best Borat accent).

Unfortunately, I was wrong, after confirming the serial number and the model number with the catalogs these are '41s sold in '42. That really doesn't mean much as far as value goes or cool factor! I'm just glad these are Atlanta Badged bikes.

The model numbers wrote on the back of the papers actually say these are 1940 bikes. B507-0S means model 507, 0 is for 1940, S is for special features. A '41 bike would be B507-1. Both bikes have the '41 style chainguard that was one year only so I'd say these bikes were built at the very end of '40. Defense bikes bought by the gov't would surely be green. I think these are probably a couple of the last commercial bikes before the war. One heck of a pair and with unusual badges I've never seen. Gary

The model numbers wrote on the back of the papers actually say these are 1940 bikes. B507-0S means model 507, 0 is for 1940, S is for special features. A '41 bike would be B507-1. Both bikes have the '41 style chainguard that was one year only so I'd say these bikes were built at the very end of '40. Defense bikes bought by the gov't would surely be green. I think these are probably a couple of the last commercial bikes before the war. One heck of a pair and with unusual badges I've never seen. Gary
The Hubs are dated k4 which is 4th quarter of '41?

Dude, you need to keep these two for a while. Matching his/hers pre-war Schwinns with an Atlanta-based history.....not to mention the paperwork. Don has to be geeking out over them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude, you need to keep these two for a while. Matching his/hers pre-war Schwinns with an Atlanta-based history.....not to mention the paperwork. Don has to be geeking out over them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, these are in their final resting spot.

Actually I don't think he understands the significance fully. Usually if I tell him they are rare he just goes with it! Haha!

I don't care if they are not OD green ..those are full of history and the coolest thing I''ve seen all year. Walk into Walmart and see if Pacific will honor that lifetime guarantee on the missing lens.....:crazy:...After all if they want to keep the name they do have responsibilities ya know.

Thanks guys! They will stay together in my collection. If they ever hit the market they will go together.

Thinking about putting Schwinn brick red tires on both. Any thoughts? Anyone have the software to mock that up from the pictures?

Thinking about putting Schwinn brick red tires on both. Any thoughts? Anyone have the software to mock that up from the pictures?

The brick tread tires are really post war style tires. They are more rounded in shape. Most prewar bikes had the square Goodyear style. But try a pair and see what you think. Coker makes red pre war style B.F. Goodrich Silvertown tires but they are too skinny (and too pricey) even though they are marked 26 X 2.125. Now that I think about it, chimichanga (spelling?) was selling the nice looking square style red tires not too long ago. Gary

Latest posts

Back