41 Schwinn Excelsior Patina build with Union Drum hubs.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this bike off of my buddy yesterday. I have not i.d.ed it yet, but it looks alot like the bike in this build. Any help i.d.ing it would be much appreciated.

piece3.jpg

Looks like a schwinn decal on the seat tube. It appears to be a 30's DX, could have been badged as anything really, Lasalle, Excelsior, Etc. Post it on thecabe.com. They will know for sure. Post the serial number.

sweet im in the middle of a klunker build im using strong lite cranks that are a real pain they are a little different thread and none of my extractors will work on them and the pedals are just slightly smaller than 9/16th
yours is real period correct thanks for sharing

ichi bike said:
sweet im in the middle of a klunker build im using strong lite cranks that are a real pain they are a little different thread and none of my extractors will work on them and the pedals are just slightly smaller than 9/16th
yours is real period correct thanks for sharing

im having the same issue on my Peugeot Road bike with stonglite cranks!

ya have to open it up wide to get it done then tighten it down again.

nice 41.

Outlaw 8)

Beautiful build. I finally scored some crusty old Unions for my '35. Paid too much, but oh well. I'm going to do what you did with the hammered Rustoleum when I'm ready to build the wheels. Any Union drum experts in SoCal?

Latest posts

Back