'41 Elgin build - done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '41 Elgin build

Gorgeous build!!! :shock: 8)

Thanks guys, and thanks to all the Rrb guys that helped out selling me parts especially Skipton and Ind-Chucks. I had thought of waiting for rrbbo but got impatient and started it a while back. Then life changed and I was laid off and my new job is quite busy so it got neglected. I realized the Tail draggers/Herritage bike show was coming up fast so I busted hump to get it done for the show. There are a few screws I want to change out as well, but the overall look is what I was going for, bare metal showing some charcacter (some dents and patina) but still clean. Think I got it down.

Forgot to update. Got this done for the Heratige/Taildragers show. Brought my son and we had a blast, ended up winning best rat with it and he won best city bike.

C75F755D_zps8a2c09f8.jpg

BRAVO!!!! That Elgin is an awesome build. Glad it's not in RRBBO8 :p

Did something happen with your photo-hosting???
NONE of the photos in the entire thread are working tonight!!!
(... and that SUCK because I like to go back and look at this one
over & over!!!)

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will,

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm truly lucky to have scored this beautiful bike and have a chance to build it, I am in awe of the original craftsmanship myself.

In regard to the pix, it must be your browser or sumpin, cause they work fine for me?

Yep - all the pics are back today!
I'm gonnna have to start watching for one of those for myself now!
Congrats Again!

Blessings!
Will,

That's It!!!

I'm Sold!!!

Looking for parts to build a pair of "His & Hers" 40-41 Elgins now!!! :lol:

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Re: '41 Elgin build - Realy done this time.

Ok, NOW its done. Replaced the repro Delta light that went flying and got ran over on I55 with a Delta Winner light. Clear needs a bit of a polish since it ended up a bit flatter than the rest, but that's details.

From when we went for a ride today.

thatismytruck said:
Wow! That is beautiful!

+1
This might be one of my favorite RRB builds ever.

Well if it'll tell you how much it inspired me...

... I was hot on the hunt of the Sears SpaceLiner family of tank bikes (SpaceLiner, Cosmic Flyer, Astro Flite & Strato Flite) while building 2 custom SpaceLiner trikes and looking to restore a total of 4 2-wheelers as well (3 Ladies + 1 Mens)...
... and looking at the pics of your Elgin build sidetracked my finances enough that I bought the Elgin "ToolBox" Tank, Frame, Fenders, Forks & Truss Rods BEFORE ever buying a Mens SpaceLiner!!!

Your Elgin build pic of the right side of the bike has been my new desktop photo for a couple weeks now!!! (and my previous desktop pic was a custom Harley!!!)

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Yeah, that definitely is one of the finest builds here on RRB...that bike is just so right. 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back