4/22/12 Midwest Bicycle swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True statement Mitch! You have to really pay attention to beat "udallcustombikes" to the good stuff! He can smell that stuff coming from a mile away! :lol: :lol:

pick said:
True statement Mitch! You have to really pay attention to beat "udallcustombikes" to the good stuff! He can smell that stuff coming from a mile away! :lol: :lol:

I can spot the deals, but have to wait until the end of the day to get my treasures. I don't bring spending money with me, I gotta sell treasures first. The best deals are to be had when everyone is packing up anyway.

2011-04-17164624.jpg

Got at least 10 bikes to bring. And some odds and ends
Do I need to sign up before hand or that morning when I show up ok

No need to sign up, just show up, pay $5 and pick a spot. We have plenty of room and nobody will be turned away... now if we have 500 sellers show up... that might be a problem! :shock: but Ill do the best I can to fit everyone in!

I will say that the (12) pavilion spots are first come first served. I know of several that do want a pavilion spot and Ill do the best I can to "save" a spot, but please dont beat me up if you dont get the spot you want. In reality there are no bad spots. the only difference is that the pavilion spots have a concrete pad, whereas all other spots are dirt/gravel.

I prefer to keep it laid back, Im not organized enough to offer pre-entries... Even If I did, Im sure I would screw it up.

Just like me! Laid back, unorganized & can screw up anything! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pick said:
Just like me! Laid back, unorganized & can screw up anything! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ok pretty sure I want to be at least 3 spot away from PICK :lol: dirt and gravel ah a ratrodders dream 8)

Henry morgan said:
pick said:
ok pretty sure I want to be at least 3 spot away from PICK :lol: dirt and gravel ah a ratrodders dream 8)

The spots close to me are the premium spots, they cost extra! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

ndaway said:
Sold my two road bikes on craigs list (figured this wont be the crowd for road bikes) and a guy from work bought a mountain bike from me so I will have some spending cash :mrgreen: and that still leaves me with three bikes to sell

Well... you might be surprised, ALL different types of bikes changing hands ALL day long. guess you gotta see it to believe it. Any bike priced right has a real good chance of getting a new home!

Pick... since you charge more for the spaces around you... Im putting you right in the middle of everything, just make sure I get my cut! :lol:

just saying laid back and unorganized, much like myself.. then your stuff gets mixed up with my stuff, and while
we are trying to figure out whos stuff is whos.. everyone else will be getting all the good deals.. :lol:

pick said:
Henry morgan said:
pick said:

The spots close to me are the premium spots, they cost extra! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Maybe we should just trade my junk for your junk, then we will be done with it! :lol:

udallcustombikes said:
My parts stash is slim, but I got a couple bikes to flip- 04 Diamondback, Early 90s Schwinn Sidewinder, a 24" single speed lightweight (for the young hipsters), and I my end up with a Redline if I can strike a deal on it.

Not selling that tandem? :wink:

garagegoon said:
udallcustombikes said:
My parts stash is slim, but I got a couple bikes to flip- 04 Diamondback, Early 90s Schwinn Sidewinder, a 24" single speed lightweight (for the young hipsters), and I my end up with a Redline if I can strike a deal on it.

Not selling that tandem? :wink:

I wasn't planning on it, but you know how it is, everything is for sale.

Think I will bring my Huffy tandem to sell, I just don't have time to work on this one. Sorry guys, it's just a regular front steer tendem. Since everyone else around here has a rear steer, I just feel out of place! :lol: :mrgreen: I do have the correct chainrings that will be included with it.

tandem001.jpg

Looks like Cameron scored some more stuff (see fresh finds). Maybe he will be bringing some of it to the swap!

Latest posts

Back