4/22/12 Midwest Bicycle swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link?

I never seem to have any luck with buying on Craigslist, the deals are already gone by the time I call. Or I end up just buying it new.

example... I just purchased a Park PCS-9 bike stand for the LBS, and whaddya know one pops up on the CL for $50! http://wichita.craigslist.org/bik/2908767324.html

but... if I would have held off on buying from the LBS, I would have called on the CL stand, but it would have already been sold! lol

Back to the swap... I think I have a couple complete bikes to peddle, anybody interested in a gravity racer?

udallcustombikes said:
The stand on cl belonged to rivercitycyclist. I am going to pick it up in a little while. I beat ya to it. ;)

Seen he was selling his bikes too. Don't know what's up with him. Getting out of bikes altogether or just the old ones? I wonder if he rides any more? His facebook posts are so cryptic but I don't ask.

Mitch: You have to get up pretty dang early to beat Cameron to the CL stuff. I've beat him a couple times, but he must have been sick, asleep or just wasn't interested. See ya @ the swap!

I will make the trip up from OKC for the swapmeet have a few bikes to trade maybe a few
parts.. thanks to locojoe for the heads up :)

ndaway said:
udallcustombikes said:
I just got home with my new stand. Robert said he may try to bring some stuff down to the swap.
Robert is the guys name i just bought my traveler from

Black one with all the shiny chrome? Outstanding bike.

Henry morgan said:
I will make the trip up from OKC for the swapmeet have a few bikes to trade maybe a few
parts.. thanks to locojoe for the heads up :)

Henry, thanks for making the trip! If you have any buddies down that way, bring em along too... pass the word.

Thanks for that!

I have a stack of 500 that will go out this week, hittin up all the bike shops, lots of Haysville businesses, got it on Channel 7 public access here in Haysville also.

Ought to be plenty of sellers and buyers.

space is an issue for me so I dont hang on to too much stuff.... so i will just show up with
like whole bikes to trade or sale.. and few odds and ends.. 3 space liners.. 2 with tanks..
schwinn heavy duty .. huffy muscle bike of the 5 speed persuasion things like that
have lots of skip tooth stuff but think I want to keep that stuff.... most of what I
have are riders pretty complete bikes.. boring huh :roll:

I think I'll make it there too, but Haysville is a long ways from Lawrence ( if YOU'RE driving). :D
I also have too much stuff I want to bring down. I think I'll have to rent a U-Haul or two,... or more.

Bring it on!

This is a pretty laid back deal... the swap spaces are whatever size you need, whether its a pickup load or a big trailer load, or even a semi-truck load... we will have the place for you and its only $5 no matter how much space you need.

For those of you coming from out of town... I really appreciate you guys coming, and I think you'll have a great time. With gas prices what they are, it might not hurt to see if there are others in your town that are interested in coming, team up and share the costs.

Old bicycle stuff is never boring, just sit back and watch... you'll get a guy that shown up at 10am with a truckload of stuff... and watch all the guys come a runnin... deals are made before he can get unloaded :lol:

Latest posts

Back