4/22/12 Midwest Bicycle swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no pile... :( Though I think I might sell some whole bikes... Need to reduce the amount ...

Good to hear Jon and Marty and some more KC folks are coming down!

I need to confirm if the garage ride is still ok with the other guys before I go speaking for them.
But yeah, one way or another, the pre-swap garage ride will happen. 8)

Ratfink1962 said:
Good to hear Jon and Marty and some more KC folks are coming down!

I need to confirm if the garage ride is still ok with the other guys before I go speaking for them.
But yeah, one way or another, the pre-swap garage ride will happen. 8)

Derby ride?

Cameron... well I cant speak for the out of towners, but I thought we were doing the Garage ride here in Haysville so it would be easy for the out of towners that are spending the night.

They wouldnt have to load up their bikes to drive somewhere.

Ok I just got word from Tim and Randy, the pre-swap Garage ride is on!

Stay tuned for details.

Out of Towners, check this out...
Haysville has a brand new Hotel... http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-haysville-kansas-KS181

And here is the link to the existing hotel in Haysville... http://www.haysvilleexpressinn.com/
Both are located approx. 1 mile from the swapmeet, with easy access right off of exit 39 of the Kansas Turnpike.

And a brand new McDonalds (less then a quarter mile from the Swapmeet) should be open by then... I hope!

Pre Swap Garage ride... Open to everyone not just out of towners, come on out for a relaxed evening of cruising some of Haysville's bike paths and checking out Randy, Tim, and my own garage. Length of the ride will vary, depending on where and when you join in, but the full route is approx 7 miles. I will work up a route map and get it posted this weekend.

I am looking forward to the swapmeet.
I am sure I can fill that van of mine up with a lots of stuff that will be bargain priced. I GOT to get rid of some of this stuff, or scrap it.
So save me the swapmeet space Ive been in the past years, down by the o h..

You know me... Ill be glad to "watch" your space!

might be missing some good stuff when you get back though :D

Oh and hey... we got a mention in Popular Mechanics magazine!!

2012_Popular_Mechanics.jpg

I think Im gonna need more hot dogs!!

Courtesy BUMP! :D Start gathering up your stuff folks! Popular Mechanics, one of my favorite mags when I was a youngster! 8)

I'm in! 8) Gonna have to save my lunch $$ for some raffle tickets also!!! :mrgreen: Lookin forward to some hot dogs also! Mitch puts a mean scald on a dog! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Ratfink1962 said:
Dont have to scrap it Dan... put it all in the FREEBIE pile.
Is there going to be one big freebie pile? I was thinking this sounded like a good idea but... afraid people won't bother to retrieve what didn't get taken. Where as if you have your own freebie pile in your spot you're more likely to take leftovers back home with you.

Ratfink1962 said:
Dont have to scrap it Dan... put it all in the FREEBIE pile.

And yeah, the spot next to the crapper has your name on it 8)

Well CRAP! I wanted the space next to the crapper! But, I see Dan already has it! (he really wants it because it's close to the hot dogs)! :lol: :mrgreen:

I also have to agree with Randy on the free pile. You don't want to have a big pile of crap left over after the swap is over.

I will designate a spot for freebies this year, one area for people to dump off free stuff for others to pick thru. Whatever is leftover will more than likely get turned into bikefest props and signage, or dropped off at the city scrap pile :D

if by chance it turns into a LARGE pile of leftovers... one phone call to a scrapper will take care of it.

And yes Ill be scalding some dogs again this year, I might try to recruit Grillmaster Jr. to help out.

My Wife will be working the sellers entrance again this year, please dont try to run her over like one guy did last year :oops:

Back