'39 Schwinn Streamline

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Recently picked up a 1939 Schwinn streamline frame and fork. It's not the prettiest, but has decent patina in my opinion. I don't have much plans for it except clean it and try to use as much parts from my stash pile.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nice start, can't wait to see what you do with it.

I picked up a Schwinn exercise bike, and wanted to use the big chain ring, but unfortunately it won't clear the chainstay.
So plan B is to part out a crusty ladies Packard I picked up a couple months ago. Pretty much just going to use the cranks, chain, and fenders.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Progress is slow, but I cobbled it together so I could take it for a ride around the block. So far, I've rebuilt the hubs on a set of wheels from my old monark, cleaned and transferred the chain and cranks from the ladies bike, and ended up using the exercise bike pedals. I'm undecided on the bars and stem, I may just end up using a "downward" stem and keep the bars.
I still have to take a link out of the chain, clean the fenders, as well as strip and polish chain guard as well as the rear rack.

Mock up of the rack, fender and chain guard:
image.jpeg

IMG_0167.jpg

I picked up a ladies Elgin that had everything on it spray bombed. I used the stem and bars, as well as stripping and rebuilding the Elgin wheels to eventually go on it.

IMG_0349 (2).jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

I also swapped the tires, cleaned the guard, and it's starting to look decent. I still need to CLR the whole thing and get a set of black fenders to match the frame. I also gotta get rid of the paint on the rear fender that looks like bird poop!

Latest posts

Back