'38 Ford Pickup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna see how it goes without boxing it because it feels pretty stiff already but I'm guessing that'll change when I drop a 500hp big block in it. I'll probably end up boxing at least the front, maybe more.

Got the rear end in and all together, now onto the front.

IMG_20120429_174235.jpg

a 70's f100 or f150 had a one piece drive shaft. you can prolly find one in a bone yard for next to nothing and get it cut down to the length you want for a reasonable price.

ezernut9mm said:
a 70's f100 or f150 had a one piece drive shaft. you can prolly find one in a bone yard for next to nothing and get it cut down to the length you want for a reasonable price.

That's good to know, thanks for the info! I know my local wrecking yard has about 30 late 60's - late 70's Ford pickups so I'll have to check them out next time I'm there.

more pics of the engine mounts please! and are those two u-bolts all that hold the front springs to the frame? it doesn't seem like enough.

ezernut9mm said:
more pics of the engine mounts please! and are those two u-bolts all that hold the front springs to the frame? it doesn't seem like enough.

I'm just using the u bolts to hold the front end together for now, I'll figure something else out before I get it ready for the road.

I haven't posted any updates in a while but I'm still working on it. Radius rods on, motor and tranny mounts, panhard bar in the rear, body mounts and finished a frame for the floor. Today I shortened the steering column 8" and got it tacked into place.

IMG_20120528_171640.jpg

IMG_20120528_171559.jpg

IMG_20120529_142637.jpg

Latest posts

Back