38 Hawthorne 5 Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on eBay for 50 buy it now. It had one long distant pic leaned up against a tree.
All I could tell was it had a straight down tube so I knew it was prewar and I could see the long springer seat.
I jumped on it and got it in. It had cheap freight too. When I opened the box I saw dual top tubes and dual down tubes. Had never seen one like it. Through searching and help here and there I found that it was Hawthorne's late 30s "5 Bar". As it's called. Built by Monark This one around a 1938. We restored it complete. Don't see many like it. A unique and beautiful frame style.
aefc96ac-cf02-3109.jpg

aefc96ac-cf12-177a.jpg

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?c5fdtf

Buster1 said:
Sweet bike, do you know anything more about it? Seems rare, can you say? What about value in various conditions?

Thanks!

To my knowledge pretty rare. I had a NBHAA report done by Leon Dixon on it and I can go back and find some info from his findings.

1918 Ranger

To my knowledge pretty rare. I had a NBHAA report done by Leon Dixon on it and I can go back and find some info from his findings.

1918 Ranger

Do you have any more info on this that you could share with me?

Wow Beautiful bike :D

Latest posts

Back