BO15 32" Motorbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I plan on leaving this bike bare metal (with some kind of clear coat), I thought that touches of brass would look great. But well into the build, and there wasn't a lot of brass at all, so I built the truss rods out of 3/8" solid brass stock. I also put my last brass Alchemist Custom Bicycles head badge on it.
IMG_9998.JPG

IMG_9999.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

That rack came out great! Bravo.
Love the brass touches, especially the badge.

Brass touches are 'Top Brass' ! The icing on this beautiful cake you have baked!

Finished the drop stand, which I made from scratch. I had to special order 3/4" channel, but it came out perfect. I used the torch to heat and bend, and used another drop stand I have as the template, simply making it 2 1/2" longer at the ends.
IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

I've got fenders coming, though the fender braces are very modern, so I'll be making new ones. After that, it will be small details, and the finish.

DS, how do you hold it up while you are riding? Usually there is a clip on a fender to keep it up during the ride.

"What's the latest on the fenders,?" he said guardedly.

"What's the latest on the fenders,?" he said guardedly.
I've acquired the fenders, though I'll have to do some fab work to make them look older. Shop time is on hold for a bit because of work.

Looking forward to your latest developments on this rad rat rod!

I hope this build comes out of hibernation soon ?
It looks like I'll be taking some time off work next week, so I'll be able to pick this build back up.

Love this build!

This bike is looking good!

The contrast between the brass and steel is the icing on the cake

is this bike an unusual size?
That's why it is so successful. You can't even tell
Why is 32 in the name? Because I am blowing it up to scale for a set of 32" wheels I got from a Walmart bike some years ago.

Latest posts

Back